Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was weird. Yesterday I built my new upgraded PC, 2600X, X470 Gaming Pro Carbon & 16GB 3000 DDR4. The initial Windows 10 64bit install went well. Everything installed as it should and I had no issues gaming, etc. This morning I had a BSOD stating "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". I did a google search and found several videos on youtube showing how to fix it. None of these worked. I decided to do a fresh install of Windows. The install went fine but now I had no network card (onboard). Windows stated no network card was found, however a generic driver was shown in device manager. I tried to manually update the driver, when that didn't work I tried to manually install the driver from the MSI disk using file manager. During the installation I received an error stating my hardware was not compatible with that device. I rebooted a few times and received the same message. Finally after reinstalling Windows two more times and about 10 reboots the latest fresh install of Windows recognized the network card. Previously the driver disc did not even give the option to install the LAN driver, this time it did.

So needless to say, this is very concerning. I did buy a four year square trade warranty on the motherboard, but I still have until 7/20 to ask for a replacement from Amazon. Has anyone had anything like this happen? Advice for the future or do you think I should RMA the board? I'm leaning towards sending it back for a replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So this was weird. Yesterday I built my new upgraded PC, 2600X, X470 Gaming Pro Carbon & 16GB 3000 DDR4. The initial Windows 10 64bit install went well. Everything installed as it should and I had no issues gaming, etc. This morning I had a BSOD stating "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". I did a google search and found several videos on youtube showing how to fix it. None of these worked. I decided to do a fresh install of Windows. The install went fine but now I had no network card (onboard). Windows stated no network card was found, however a generic driver was shown in device manager. I tried to manually update the driver, when that didn't work I tried to manually install the driver from the MSI disk using file manager. During the installation I received an error stating my hardware was not compatible with that device. I rebooted a few times and received the same message. Finally after reinstalling Windows two more times and about 10 reboots the latest fresh install of Windows recognized the network card. Previously the driver disc did not even give the option to install the LAN driver, this time it did.

So needless to say, this is very concerning. I did buy a four year square trade warranty on the motherboard, but I still have until 7/20 to ask for a replacement from Amazon. Has anyone had anything like this happen? Advice for the future or do you think I should RMA the board? I'm leaning towards sending it back for a replacement.
I used to get this error when I max out my RAM frequency, mine is 3600 MHz but I'm running it at 3333 MHz, it boots at 3600 and 3466 but it is not stable we never know what happens. Mine is the same mobo. So for now decrease your RAM OC and wait for BIOS updates from msi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts