Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm... it's installed correctly in my PC, and it sounds great with my HD555's bought from Eek, but... I'm slightly underwhelmed. I think there's something I'm not doing right:

1. When I play games, it sounds a little bit like the sound is "underwater," kind of hard to describe. Like having a low resolution on a high-res monitor, but equated to sound.

2. I've been listening to FLAC files and really can't tell any difference at all between those and low-bit-rate mp3's. Maybe that I have to turn the volume up a bit to hear the FLAC's.

3. The sound quality is approximately the same from my ipod touch and the D2X... I mean, admittedly the ipod touch was slightly more expensive, but for some reason I figure that's not how it works.

So if anyone has any insight about this, I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AOwpr View Post
Hmm... it's installed correctly in my PC, and it sounds great with my HD555's bought from Eek, but... I'm slightly underwhelmed. I think there's something I'm not doing right:

1. When I play games, it sounds a little bit like the sound is "underwater," kind of hard to describe. Like having a low resolution on a high-res monitor, but equated to sound.

2. I've been listening to FLAC files and really can't tell any difference at all between those and low-bit-rate mp3's. Maybe that I have to turn the volume up a bit to hear the FLAC's.

3. The sound quality is approximately the same from my ipod touch and the D2X... I mean, admittedly the itouch was slightly more expensive, but for some reason I figure that's not how it works.

So if anyone has any insight about this, I'd appreciate it.
Have you installed all appropriate drivers for the soundcard?

Please don't call it an "itouch". That's not it's name

• Rep+
Reactions: AOwpr

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edited, sorry about that. I thought that's what it was actually called for the longest time, so I'm somewhat used to it.

Anyway, I installed the drivers from the disc. I feel stupid. :/ I'll head over to the Asus website first thing in the morning, that's probably what's wrong. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Haha no worries dude.

But yes, try the latest drivers though. If that doesn't work, maybe you need to change some settings in the sound control panel or in the Asus driver program itself.

This was a scary thread for me, just got my mum to order me a Asus Xonar D2, hope I don't have issues with it...

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa... it was the drivers, but not that I had the wrong ones.

There are two submenus. Twiddling around makes me extremely uncertain as to which settings sound best... lol.

Thanks mate.

And good luck with your card too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts