Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cooling Research
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! What main issues are you having with your current cooling system? This can include it breaking, issues with installation, not meeting your cooling requirements, noise issues, or anything else you can think of. If you could please just mention what your issue is and why its an issue for you and your computer uses it would be greatly appreciated! (I'm a university student trying to make a new cooling system that would actually be helpful to overclockers)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hi! What main issues are you having with your current cooling system? This can include it breaking, issues with installation, not meeting your cooling requirements, noise issues, or anything else you can think of. If you could please just mention what your issue is and why its an issue for you and your computer uses it would be greatly appreciated! (I'm a university student trying to make a new cooling system that would actually be helpful to overclockers)

Question is a bit too broad. Are you talking heatsinks, fans, radiatiors, pumps, size, noise? You can have a nearly perfect cooling solution if you spend enough, or if you remove restrictions on size or noise.

·
Cooling Research
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are just looking for negative experiences people have had with their cooling systems while overclocking. We are currently researching a new method to cool cpus and gpus and are interested if increased cooling capacity (potentially better than liquid cooling but a comparable price range) would be advantageous. And any extra remarks would be also taken into consideration but cooling is main focus.

·
Overclocker in training
14,081 Posts
Hi,
Finding out EK coolant or soft hoses are defective lol
Brand new x99 mono block clogged after only 3 weeks
Added a inline filter see how that works out and for how long :/

·
Registered
249 Posts
The whole can't get below ambient without more power thing pisses me of, you figure that out and you'll make gazillions!

Seriously, my biggest problems have always been the cheesy mounting systems these "Engineers" come up with, that and installation instructions that are written in Klingon.

Edit: And the hardware. Please for the love of God please use quality hardware, I'm sick and tired of having to chase threads or run to home depot to hopefully find the same size screw or nut that stripped because some azzwipe decided to to save .02 cents.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,910 Posts
Nothing really. I'm more peeved at case manufacturers prioritizing aesthetics over function (looking @ you P400S front panel).

Maybe improve the installation procedure of large heatsinks? Pretty sure it's just a problem with my Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT, but it was a bear. It performs great and is super quiet but if I ever have to take the heatsink off it'll likely be a 2+ hour ordeal again to get it reinstalled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts