Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an Enermax Galaxy 1000W Modular. I've had it for about a year and a half and cannot find the manual. I'm basically building a new rig with it, it worked in early January with my old rig. That's when I pulled it out.

I was trying to test my fans and PSU and such, so I connected a modular cable to it with 4-pin molexes, then I plugged the 24-pin into my Bloodrage and my fans into the Molexes. I then connected power to the PSU and turned it on. The light on the PSU turned on and was red (Supposed to be green), and the fans would not turn on but the motherboard lit up.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
possibly the psu is at fault. try everything again with another PSU and if it all works, there is your answer. sorry to hear this.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
try a new PSU. That will tell you what part is not working correctly

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got the power supply working, kind of. I reseated the 24-pin again and it actually powered on, but only for a moment. It's rather odd, if I connect a switch to the power button pins on my motherboard, it only turns on for a second. If I remove the switch and touch the wires together three to five times, it turns on and stays on. Would not having the CPU 8-pin plugged in cause this?

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
possibly, try it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts