Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I hope i am posting this in the right forum but for the last 12 hours i have been trying to overclock my processor, i have read multiple guide tried to use existing specs but nothing seems to be owrking the computer doesnt seem stable no matter how much voltage I use.

I am currently running:

Intel I5 650 Processor
Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2h Motherboard
Kingston KVR DDR3 1333mhz 1.5v RAM

At stock it runs at 3.3Ghz i have tried slowly increasing everything but still doesn't work. I am Hoping to push it to 4.0Ghz if it is possible.

I have upped the vcore to 1.3Ghz with turbo boost disabled and multi-threading also disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ps: I currently have a geforce 210 1GB DDR3 GPU would this be better than the stock Intel HD graphics running at 1.5GB

Thank you all:)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Set your Ram to the slowest speed possible. Slowly increase you fsb till you can't boot into Windows. Then back off that bby 5 and start stress testing, increasing the voltage as needed. Once that speed/voltage is stable with acceptable temps you can raise the fsb some more. Finally set your RAM speed to as close to a stock as you can.

Make sure onboard video is disabled. Disable speedstep, or any power saving options.

You may need to adjust your pll voltage slightly and enable stuff like llc one you get up in voltage.

The main thing is finding your max stock voltage fsb. Then work from there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for replying, I cant seem to find an FSB option in my Bios.

- CPU Clock Ratio
-QPI Clock Ratio

Base Clock Control

System Memory Multiplier

Internal Graphics clock

Pci Express Frequency

Cpu Clock Drive

CPu clock stew

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still seem to have the issue, as i gradually increase the fbs and move the voltage up very minimal it causes the computer to crash quicker, i then have enabled llc but has not done anything.

Currently running at 3.43Ghz instead of stock 3.33ghz with voltage at 1.26874v

-It was stable at 3.4ghz- I struggle to believe this is the top OC

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
1.26 seems high even for 3.4, I'm trying to remember what my i3 550 ran at 4.2ghz. I think it was 1.285v. I would see what voltage you can get stock.

It's most likely your vrms. That board doesn't have any cooling on them. Also if your power supply is on the low end it budget quality it will affect your over clocking.

See how low you can get the voltage at stock. Also download hwmonitor and see what temps are at stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts