Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to use TV to stream games from my rig to my netbook.

But in 3d games, I get nothing but black screen.

Any fix?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHernandez View Post

As far as I know, teamviewer doesn't work that way, the bandwidth isn't fast enough to stream 3D games with any decent framerates.
I want to play Civ 5 on the go, and in single player framerate is not a big problem

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Hyper-V or remote desktop maybe better. Although I don't have any knowledge on setting it up.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
you will have huge probelms doing it like this, hyper-V is one opeion but im not sure if it supports grpahics passthough,

If you have a Vt-D or a IMMOU(i think) board then you can have a hypervisor like Qemu+kvm running passing though to a vm running your windows OS, you would connect over something liek RPC (slow + no sound or usb) or Spice which is quite new which is meant to be allot better + sound + usb support,

Its something ive looked at doing for my pc for a while, havea the gaming pc out the way on 24/7 and use ras Pi's to connect to it and have every tv as a a connect point ha xD,

If your looking at streaming this over the internet though its probley not gonna be possible due to bandwidth needs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts