Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if someone posted this same question, I didn't had the time to look around,because don't had the time to look around and i'm not lazy.i'm trying to figured out why windows won't go into standby automatically and took the time to look into registry and files but no luck.Perhaps,it's the network that causing the problems or a program....it does automatically standby if set to after 1 min,there's no problems when turning off monitor or hibernating.

I'll do some more researching and be happier for any info about this or it's related to this issue.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Do not use Stand By.

I repeat, Do Not Use Stand By.

I've used it when I had my baby CPU overclocked (well... I guess it's a veteran, considering that it had two owners before me), I had the computer on Stand By, and it almost jacked up my computer... I would have had I not questioned my problem to Lando95 (An excellent moderator!
).

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dtyrant

I'm not sure if someone posted this same question, I didn't had the time to look around,because don't had the time to look around and i'm not lazy.i'm trying to figured out why windows won't go into standby automatically and took the time to look into registry and files but no luck.Perhaps,it's the network that causing the problems or a program....it does automatically standby if set to after 1 min,there's no problems when turning off monitor or hibernating.

I'll do some more researching and be happier for any info about this or it's related to this issue.

If you auto stand by 30 seconds you'll kill your computer! It stresses the compentants to have power cut off and put back on quickly like that

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,i'm guessing that hibernating is a better option,since problems are severe to stand by...i just figured that it isn't my network that causing it and it had to be some programming problem or could even be a driver issue.i'll solved this problem soon...

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dtyrant

Well,i'm guessing that hibernating is a better option,since problems are severe to stand by...i just figured that it isn't my network that causing it and it had to be some programming problem or could even be a driver issue.i'll solved this problem soon...

Dude just leave your computer on and hibernate when you need to. Cutting power off like that can destory any companent in your computer. Better spend a few dollars in power bills then leave your computer

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
It could be a bios issue as well. Some mobo's have the ability to enable or disable hibernate and standby mode in the bios. Also, I've "heard" that some pirated versions of xp are lacking the acpi drivers for hibernate/standby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts