Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been having issues. For thelongest time my screen would flash, clocks would break, eventually the screen was just black and no video. I switched the gtx260 to another pcie slot. Screen was fine, no flashes. However my 2 3d apps I use, Secondlife, Force unleashed 2 right now will both crash. I'm wondering if there is good software to test the GPU to make sure it has no errors or faults. There are no changed settings or clocks or anything. Fan has been up'd as the card is basically sitting on the floor now.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Furmark or MSI Kombuster would both serve the trick of stressing your GPU. They also both have temperature display on the window as well as artifact notification. That should let you atleast get some preliminary results. Mind the temps though, these can run em kinda high.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I've used furmark before. I'm looking for something to show me there's something wrong with my card if there is, like a memory leak all that junk. Or it's just my apps are horribley made (Which are known to be sometimes). I'm getting dirt3 tomorrow and it's not a crappy PC game so I guess if that crashes too there is something wrong

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: DiRt3 also crashes. The extra 9600gt didn't work in the same pcie slot as the 260, but I haven't been able to test it for crashing. My comp tech guy says my motherboard is flaked and may day sometime. Any opinions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts