Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

The best-selling first-person action game of all time gets even bigger with more epic new multiplayer content! The Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack delivers five incredible new multiplayer maps. Take the action to exciting new locations, then battle across legendary landscapes from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. If you already have Steam installed you can click here to install or play. If you don't have Steam, you can download it here.

Source: http://it-trib.com/content/steam-cal...-now-available

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Haven't played the game in a long time, every game had hackers in it. If that is still the case, why would people continue supporting the game by buying map packs?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

Haven't played the game in a long time, every game had hackers in it. If that is still the case, why would people continue supporting the game by buying map packs?

because console gamers dont know any better.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I quit cause it had too many hackers. I had never played a game that didn't have dedicated servers before and decided to try it out. Deeply regret it. Pretty much lost all hope for the series. Especially now that they think its best to be subscription based...

·
Junglist
7,233 Posts
Myself and many other players just bought the map pack, but it doesnt appear to be working atm, I am not worried though, I am a stupid console gamer and will go back to perfect BC2.

·
Banned
3,414 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftes
View Post

Myself and many other players just bought the map pack, but it doesnt appear to be working atm, I am not worried though, I am a stupid console gamer and will go back to perfect BC2.

lmao.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Does anyone remember when a game was released and extra content (IE maps, total conversions, or graphic changes) was provided by either expansion packs worth paying for or for free via modding web sites (IE filefront files)?

·
Junglist
7,233 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins
View Post

Does anyone remember when a game was released and extra content (IE maps, total conversions, or graphic changes) was provided by either expansion packs worth paying for or for free via modding web sites (IE filefront files)?

Those were the days, but heck, I have said it before, and will say it again, the map packs are good, so I honestly dont mind paying, heck, I have racked up 240hrs on MW2, other than FO3, Oblivion, COD4 and BF2, no game I own has racked up that many hours or more.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins
View Post

yep, i remember when i didnt have to overpay for a game, and expansion packs provided plenty of new content.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftes View Post
Those were the days, but heck, I have said it before, and will say it again, the map packs are good, so I honestly dont mind paying, heck, I have racked up 240hrs on MW2, other than FO3, Oblivion, COD4 and BF2, no game I own has racked up that many hours or more.
Ah, so you're pretty new to gaming then.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
companies have figured out they can charge more for less.

Look at the expansions for morrowind, in terms of content and price. Then take a look at fallout 3s DLC.

If you combined all the fallout 3 DLC, it would cost more than one of the morrowind expansions, and still be way smaller.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Quote:

View Post

The majority of the people playing this game are on consoles and the biggest upside of consoles is NO HACKERS
I have racked up 7 days worth of MW2 on both the PS3 and Xbox and not once have ran into a hacker. PC fanboys...

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -relk-
View Post

The majority of the people playing this game are on consoles and the biggest upside of consoles is NO HACKERS
I have racked up 7 days worth of MW2 on both the PS3 and Xbox and not once have ran into a hacker. PC fanboys...

are you kidding me. have you seen the rampant glitching that goes on for the consoles, including purposely lagging the match. There is even a how to guide for it.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tryceo
View Post

Yay for more overpriced, reused, useless DLCs

This!

It's why there are no modding tools. You cannot sell old maps if a modder has already ported them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts