Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am about to pull the trigger on a new monitor. Ive been reading forums and webpages for days over this. Am really considering picking up the Dell U2410. Am liking the features and the sleekness of this nice monitor.

The only thing that is currently holding me back is whether this will be good for gaming. From what Ive read, peeps input, is that there is no issue with gaming on this screen, once the screen has been calibrated. I'll be using the monitor for mainly gaming, FPS, 3rd person, etc, watching HD movies/programs and browsing the net.

Shall i go for it or consider another option. Am currently using a Samsung syncmaster T220 monitor.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
sounds like a good buy. plus with that SLI setup you can plug both monitors to your PC, you might think like "meh..." but believe me multiple monitors are awesome for multi-tasking, plus you would be playing what ever game and yet watching a movie on the 2nd @ same time. its slick ^^ good luck with your buy.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
3,243 Posts
U2410 is not a good monitor (compared to alternatives) unless you need something relatively cheap with wide color gamut and 16:10 aspect ratio. For a typical gamer, the newer and cheaper U2412HM is actually superior: higher contrast ratio, slightly lower input lag, slightly better pixel responsiveness, and better uncalibrated colors (similar after calibration if just for sRGB).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wouldn't be able to use 3 monitors on my desk, no were near enough space:(. Ive never heard of these Yamasaki monitors, but i will certainly do some digging on these screens.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah it's Yamakasi not Yamasaki sorry about that.

There are two other nearly identical options offered on ebay to the Yamakasi model.

The PC Bank model- http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PC-Bank-3-View-PB2700-27-inch-LED-computer-Monitor-S-IPS-internal-Speaker-/220976861717
The Achieva model- http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ACHIEVA-27-LED-2560x1440-WQHD-S-IPS-Quad-HD-Monitor-QH270-Lite-/150784137898?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item231b6f5aaa
Yamakasi model- http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SE-27-LED-2560X1440-WQHD-DVI-D-Dual-Computer-Monitor-/140738200221?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20c4a6829d#ht_36845wt_1163

As you can see they are all similar price with nearly identical features..... I don't know which one is best but that question might be answered already if you search this forum. I know I've seen threads comparing them on here, and most people end up going with the Yamakasi brand.

I believe there is some percentage chance that you will be able to "overclock" this monitor to run at 100HZ+ which is pretty bad ass when you consider the fact that at 2560x1440 they are already kind of breaking the whole current monitor/resolution price scheme.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice monitors, the only problem is again space, I don't have enough room for 27" screen. Am not gunna have space to setup 2 monitors either. Is there any reason/s why I shouldn't get the dell u2410?. From what ive been reading, peeps are giving out mixed signals, not very good gaming due to input lag and response times, and then I read somewhere else, that there is no issues with either of these and I wouldn't notice it anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lar View Post

. Is there any reason/s why I shouldn't get the dell u2410?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeaj View Post

U2410 is not a good monitor (compared to alternatives) unless you need something relatively cheap with wide color gamut and 16:10 aspect ratio. For a typical gamer, the newer and cheaper U2412HM is actually superior: higher contrast ratio, slightly lower input lag, slightly better pixel responsiveness, and better uncalibrated colors (similar after calibration if just for sRGB).

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

Basically if you care about image quality avoid the U2410/U2711. Owners will defend it until they get a good display
thumb.gif
If you want the extra inputs get the HP ZR2440w

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_zr2440w.htm

A 24" 1200p and 27" 1440p display are actually pretty close in terms of size. I'd go with the Yamaski Catleap Multi or ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSMS from ebay if you want the best image quality, as long as you don't mind a glossy displays reflections. Below is an image of the U2711 next to the U2410

Either you put up with reflections or the severely grainy matte anti-glare coating which all the matte 16:10 24" and 16" 27" IPS panels use.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

Basically if you care about image quality avoid the U2410/U2711. Owners will defend it until they get a good display
thumb.gif
If you want the extra inputs get the HP ZR2440w
This. I got a U2410 and I hate it. Yellow to one side, blue to the other. Dim on one side. Hums unless the brightness is above 80, and the brightness that high is like reading the wattage on a light bulb while it's on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the u2410 ain't getting any good press. i see what you mean the 24" and the 27" screens are not that much of a difference in size. i would have to buy a more powerful graph card/s to run games on it at higher resolutions.

The HP ZR2440w sounds pretty cool, I'll do some reading on it and see whats what.

The Yamakasi Catleap Q270 SE 27" LED, funny how there are no reviews on it, grr, but these screens do look amazing i have to admit, who woulda funked it to OC a monitor. Blimey a south Korea delivery schedule via ebay. Are these monitors that good, and good for gaming, and watchng HD movies on?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts