Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 24kpwn LLB patch...aka untethered jailbreak

Quote:

Here it is. Just drop it into your existing pwnagetool or xpwn flow. You can even combine it with the nor-only variations to make this easy to install from iTunes without touching your main fs.

Source

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Nice addition, but honestly this will make no difference - I have had mine jailbroke for weeks and only rebooted it once. I literally forget this tethered limitation exists...

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Wow, well, now I can finally do that and fix that rebooting problem. Sometimes programs freeze up.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
What is special about this? Mines been jailbroken for three months.
You can restart your iPod now?

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
What is special about this? Mines been jailbroken for three months.
the ipod touch 2g? wow

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
How do we apply it to Ipod Touch 2g owners? I don't believe I quickpwned anything, I have no idea how to start this

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bucdan View Post
the ipod touch 2g? wow
Jailbreaking the 2G has been around for a little bit, they released a tethered version a while back, main downside to it was you couldn't reboot the iPod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaivorth View Post
How do we apply it to Ipod Touch 2g owners? I don't believe I quickpwned anything, I have no idea how to start this
Wait a few days. This has just been released and the teams need to collaborate, then a new version of quickpwn will be released and tutorials will show up making it easier for people that haven't done it before / don't know what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bucdan View Post
the ipod touch 2g? wow
Ah, I miss read, my bad. No, I mean on my iPhone, which yes, restarts is fine

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

Ah, I miss read, my bad. No, I mean on my iPhone, which yes, restarts is fine

*facepalm*

·
Registered
816 Posts
i JUST jailbroken mine with cyw00d!

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This came at the perfect time, because I corrupted my ipod today doing some posix installation through cydia. no idea what happened, was installing fine, then said some POSIX error, then off. No come back. iTunes was like "Yo, wth you do to this thing?"

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xobile133769
View Post

i JUST jailbroken mine with cyw00d!

I used QuickFreedom, which was very straightforward and came with installer as well as cydia and the ability to change your boot logo.

I'm just adding the ZodTTD beta repo so I can get snes4iphone and earthbound back on it

·
Registered
816 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

I used QuickFreedom, which was very straightforward and came with installer as well as cydia and the ability to change your boot logo.

I'm just adding the ZodTTD beta repo so I can get snes4iphone and earthbound back on it

hmmm...
several questions:
1) if i already have a jailbreak but it's tetherd, how do i untether it with QuickFreedom?
2)what's a boot logo?
3)ZodTTD beta repo?
4)snes4iphone?
5)earthbound?

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xobile133769
View Post

hmmm...
several questions:
1) if i already have a jailbreak but it's tetherd, how do i untether it with QuickFreedom?
2)what's a boot logo?
3)ZodTTD beta repo?
4)snes4iphone?
5)earthbound?

Unfortunately you have to do a complete restore, so you lose everything.

2)what's a boot logo?
The little apple logo that appears when you start your iPod. Its not something I've seen for a while since with the tethered JB I haven't restarted my iPod in 3 months.

3)ZodTTD beta repo?
ZodTTD is the developer of most the emulators you can get on the iPod, the beta repo holds the "unfinished" projects. Access is by "donation" only.

4)snes4iphone?
The SNES emulator developed by ZodTTD. Its only available to ZodTTD beta testers, so in a sense its a paid app.

5)earthbound?
Best SNES game ever made, now available on iPod Touch.

·
Registered
816 Posts
oh k thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts