Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

IT Home News April 5 news, though for now we know very little about the news of Zen architecture CPU, but the next generation of AMD APU - Bristol Ridge has quietly appeared in Geekbench's database. Allegedly Bristol Ridge will use the 28nm process, and CPU performance is only slightly improved, you can not expect it to have the same architecture as the Zen rapid performance.
AMD Bristol Ridge processors appeared in Geekbench database
This CPU is currently mounted on Lenovo equipment, while CPU name is called FX-9800p, 4-core processor, a frequency of 2.7Ghz, while the GPU unit is 8 GCN1.2 computing unit. Currently on multithreaded Geekbench score of 5596 points, and Intel i5-6200U almost.
You can find traces of this CPU in Geekbench's database, Bristol Ridge AM4 will use the new interface, and mobile areas FP4 interfaces, of course, in addition to support for DDR4 memory, the other and now uses AM3 socket CPU compared to no what a big difference, is the most significant performance increase nuclear lot of nothing, if it is to have a revolutionary change, or to wait for a new generation of Zen architecture CPU.

http://www.ithome.com/html/digi/216144.htm

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=pl&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.ithome.com/html/digi/216144.htm&usg=ALkJrhgK7U0_d9R5wrbKHGFTuKaG1jbT1Q

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mobile FX APU's. Interesting, numbers seem pretty good.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
given that the i5-6200U is only a dual core with hyperthreading with a base clock of 2.3 and a turbo of 2.8(basically, probably a binned i3), bristol ridge still has a way to go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I hope it is Bristol Ridge , the numbers seem promising , if of course they release a mobile that costs less than the i5 i would jump for it. Plus if AMD finally realizes that Im going to pay more money for a Crossfired IGPu plus Discretewould be great, cmon amd use ur imagination.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
They are indeed Bristol Ridge (Carrizo "refresh").

- No increased L2 cache, unlike the ES part numbers indicated
- Despite the higher clocks (2.7GHz base, 3.6GHz boost) they score the same as Carrizo at the same TDP, meaning the performance is fully power restricted (as expected).

What a pointless release
rolleyessmileyanim.gif

·
Premium Member
10,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

AMD releasing crap year after year.
Desperately rebranding and releasing hardly any improvement
Why even release this when it is the same as Carrizo entirely. The APU after the excavator core tonga based Carrizo should've been Zen core Polaris based one.
I get an APU is harder than just a Zen CPU but this is just plain sad.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Why even release this when it is the same as Carrizo entirely. The APU after the excavator core tonga based Carrizo should've been Zen core Polaris based one.
I get an APU is harder than just a Zen CPU but this is just plain sad.
Not much else they can do at this point...

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
Aren't they doing this just to migrate over to the new platform?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Aren't they doing this just to migrate over to the new platform?
That would be the only point with this release it seems, to offer APU's as quickly as possible on the new platform. Otherwise, pretty pointless, and kinda sad. Really really hoping this won't have anything at all to do with Zen.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
it was expected all along that AMD would release more APU's based on carrizo.

The point is simple, to have a better product on the self. Carrizo is better than steamroller, so might as well replace your Kaveri APU's with the updated core. It also brings out AM4 from the test bench to the real world were other glitches and bugs will be detected and hopefully fixed. People keep talking about ZEN, but we cannot even confirm its been taped out yet. Bitsandchips said they have seen a 8 core 3.0ghz ES, but this would be the first news that AMD's Zen has taped out and they have working designs.

Basically what I am pointing too here is, Zen may not be released at the end of 2016. May be a 2017 product all you AMD fans will just have to wait that much longer.

·
Debian Dude
2,184 Posts
For those skimming this thread, I'd like to take a moment to sum up all of the negative posts for you to save you some time: "My desire for Zen and Polaris based parts is making me upset so I will proceed to bash on the company."

·
Watercooler
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle View Post

For those skimming this thread, I'd like to take a moment to sum up all of the negative posts for you to save you some time: "My desire for Zen and Polaris based parts is making me upset so I will proceed to bash on the company."
+1

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This can be good CPU fot budget / mainstream gaming and home laptops. Was there any decent gaming laptop released based on Carrizo? Any?
And in a interview they say "Just wait and see the amount of designs wins with Carrizo."

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

AMD releasing crap year after year.
Desperately rebranding and releasing hardly any improvement
glad we have such insightful market experts on this forum

1 - 20 of 20 Posts