Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like a good community, hopefully it'll be mutually beneficial.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Hey man!

Looks like you have a sandy with good stepping, good overclock.

I guess we're an ok crowd

BTW, give us a quick review about that eVGA mobo, I've heard good and bad things about them.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker

Hey man!

BTW, give us a quick review about that eVGA mobo, I've heard good and bad things about them.

The motherboard is suppose to be good at ocing and has some pretty good features. Only problem is the tempsensor reading wrong and that some memory doesn't work at 1t with current bios mainly the tccd.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker

Hey man!

I love the board so far, so far it kicks the crap out of the asus/gigabyte/msi boards and I'm anxious to see what I can do with some better cooling on the chipset.

The board is very very well made, all japanese components, heatsinks on the mosfets, very precisely manufactured, has super practical on-board buttons for power/reset (wicked for out-of-box testing) and some really promising bios features for overclocking (3.25V for dram voltage
and a 7-shift cpu voltage fine-tuning). I'm really happy with it so far and have nothing bad to say about it. Only downside i can see is that the chipset hs/f (which is actaully pretty decent for a factory chipset cooler) is right beside the pci-x ports so wether you're running sli or single card (it has two 8xpci slots and one 16x for single card use, very well thought-out) the ass end of the larger cards (7800gt, gtx, etc) sticks over the hs/f.

Read this thread to see what i mean a bit more clearly:
http://www.overclock.net/729542-post8.html

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sheidow

The motherboard is suppose to be good at ocing and has some pretty good features. Only problem is the tempsensor reading wrong and that some memory doesn't work at 1t with current bios mainly the tccd.

I spoke with evga support about it and they ahd limited documentation, so instead I called jetco directly and spoke with them about it they said it would be resolved in an upcoming bios shortly.

weird thing is the temp sensor reads off in the bios, but fine in windows, so its probably an interpretation problem (somebody made a typo lol bioscputp=eval[mbsensorrow(0)bank(1)+255])

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the Forum

Perhaps you should make a post on that issue in the AMD Motherboards forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts