Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i havent been on here since january.. cause i just havent found time.. but now that i did... i guess i must share my specs once gain....

12gb g skill ram
and gtx 480 sc .

those are pretty much the newest things ive added to my computer... i really want to overclock my cpu, ram and video card i just dont know how.. but hopefully ill find out later

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
nice dude! i hope to get a 480 around xmas. and check this guide out for overclocking http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-g...core-i3-i5-i7/

when you hit your "max" try turning down your voltages until you obtain stability once again. It is normal for this to happen somtimes, i thought that my BCLK couldnt go past 184 but i didnt lower voltages and was told to just put it at 200 and raise CPU vcore and it was very stable. Now its at 4.2GHz and 100% 24/7 stable.

dont be afraid to make a thread asking for help either!

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
+1 to hfcobra's guide link. That rig of yours is quite the system - I would say you can expect anywhere between 3.6-4ghz depending on your cpu cooler and what sorta temps you achieve. Also - can you elaborate on exactically which g.skill ram you purchased?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts