Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just built a new rig and i wanted to know if this (first of all) looks solid but i also want to know if i should use the amazon 30 day return plan to return this power supply. I've done no resarch on it, but it has decent reviews and is gold certified, but why so cheap?

Parts:
i5 4670k

Sabertooth z87

GTX 770 SC

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YC3EAI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

ASUS VG248QE

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Thanks! And any suggestions are welcome, and im not going haswell so dont suggest it. On a budget that im at a limit of, and dont have the money to replace those:)

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reladent View Post

Hi, i just built a new rig and i wanted to know if this (first of all) looks solid but i also want to know if i should use the amazon 30 day return plan to return this power supply. I've done no resarch on it, but it has decent reviews and is gold certified, but why so cheap?

Parts:
i5 3570k

Gigabyte z77-UD3H

GTX 770 SC

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YC3EAI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

ASUS VG248QE

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Thanks! And any suggestions are welcome, and im not going haswell so dont suggest it. On a budget that im at a limit of, and dont have the money to replace those:)
Return it

The EVGA SuperNova NEX750G is a overpriced mediocre group regulated FSP Aurum

Its cheapo becasue its group regulated which is something i am not a fan of

And you dont need that much power unless you want two video cards

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Quote:

But i will be upgrading to 2 770's, so what psu do you recommend?
Shilka may suggest you other good options but I personally have had great success with PC Power & Cooling products. check out the: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 750W. It is not top dog, but definitely is a great PSU and it has a great price and 7 year warranty to boot!

Another great choice would be the XFX Pro Series Black Edition 750W.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Quote:

But i will be upgrading to 2 770's, so what psu do you recommend?
Cooler Master V700 its a Seasonic KM3 same PSU as the Corsair AX760/AX860 as well as the Seasonic X and Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by benben84 View Post

Shilka may suggest you other good options but I personally have had great success with PC Power & Cooling products. check out the: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 750W. It is not top dog, but definitely is a great PSU and it has a great price and 7 year warranty to boot!

Another great choice would be the XFX Pro Series Black Edition 750W.
I belive the XFX Black Edition is a KM3 as well but the V is cheaper then all other KM3´s

The PC Power and Cooling 750 watts is a Super Flower Golden Green same PSU the Rosewill Capstone is based on as well as the Kingwin Lazer Gold and some others as well

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
ENGLISH

Buy one of these: "Cooler Master V700 its a Seasonic KM3 same PSU as the Corsair AX760/AX860 as well as the Seasonic X and Platinum"

Doesn't matter which one because they are all the same...

For 2 770s and an overclocked CPU you would need at least 600w PSU @ extreme load (folding @home kind of load)... I would recommend a 700-750 which is more than enough.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Y is it cheaper... just an amazon thing or is there a reason?

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by givmedew View Post

Newegg also has it cheaper

Just think that Cooler Master is putting in some effort

They have been working hard on rebuilding their name after all the disasters they had with all their older units

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Quote:

Newegg also has it cheaper

Just think that Cooler Master is putting in some effort

They have been working hard on rebuiling their name aftrer all the disasters they had with all their older units
That is a really good buy don't you think?

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Quote:

That is a really good buy don't you think?
A 850 watts KM3 for 140$ thats a steal

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
We can't really answer that question... look at the benchmarks and reviews of the card. They will give you performance details.

It wont be 144FPS...

Once you add a second card you can get up to 2x the frame rate depending on how well it scales.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Quote:

i dont know what
means but all i know is id like to thank you all. also, what kind of fps will i be having now, and after i add another 770?
I know this is for 1440P but this shows scaling pretty well

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Quote:

THANK YOU!
biggrin.gif
I'm also upgrading to a custom water cooled loop, what components to you recommend for that? (tubing, reservoirs etc.)
I am not the right kind of person to ask that

Think you would be better off if you made a new thread for that in the cooling section

You would get more and better answers in there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts