Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My first question would be:

are these temps and volt values that I will now indicate well designed for 24/7 ?

My VRM mos temps idle 48° and on 2 hour Prime95 IN-place large FFTs test max 92°.
Statistics see below.

Attachments

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Focus on Vcore measurement, not VID.

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
You should be fine but if it's any Gigabyte B350 board (or most any other B350 board except MSI B350 Pro Carbon) then I would advise additional airflow at the VRM heatsink.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should be fine but if it's any Gigabyte B350 board (or most any other B350 board except MSI B350 Pro Carbon) then I would advise additional airflow at the VRM heatsink.
as is right, I have already bought some coolers for my VRM heatsink, just wait for it to come to me. But I do not know where it's the best place to sit. My CPU cooler takes up a lot of space.

thats its my complett hardware:

Mainboard: Gigabyte AB350-gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x(oc 3,9 GHZ on 1,335 Vcore)
RAM: Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb Default Clock 1607 - Boost Clock 1835 ram Default clock 2002(oc 1722 idle - 1950=Turbo2050-2075 and ram oc to 2251=9010 mhz)
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33
Tower: Sharkoon T3-V( Black)
Operrating Stystem: Windows 10 pro on SSD SanDisk Ultra II SSD 240GB
Game SSD:SanDisk Ultra 3D 500 GB
Speaker system: Logitech Z313
Tower Cooler and CPU Fan: 2x Front Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red, 1x Back Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red and 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red on my Arctic freezer cpu heatsink

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
So, one of your RAM is not loaded up, you have 7.9GB of RAM. Also, have you double checked if you're running it on 3200MHz?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, one of your RAM is not loaded up, you have 7.9GB of RAM. Also, have you double checked if you're running it on 3200MHz?
Nope the flare x i get on monday and the kit waht i have right now in my pc ist very crappy for oc F4-3200C16D-8GVK i run this one just on 2933 mhz 14/16/16/16/32/50 cmd 1T gear down mode disabled, Power down mode Disbaled and bank group swap disabled

·
Senior OCN Member
39,887 Posts
You forgot the PSU and yes that matters too

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
You forgot the PSU and yes that matters too
They get points for including the speakers though. Lol I'm j/p

If I'm reading it right your temps are about 70c and you're vcore is under 1.3v? The Ryzen CPUs seem to be safe with running higher voltage as long as temps are good so I'd say the whole thing is pretty safe.
If you ever want to OC it I'd get a much better cooler though.

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
It's 1st gen Ryzen, they won't be pumping massive voltage through it constantly. Their screenshot had 72°C T_Die and ~ 90W peak package power (not including SOC)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Don't use liquid metal on the top of the CPU. It will only give you 1 or 2c under good paste and it will eat up aluminum, leave a nasty residue on anything else and if any of it were to drip out when you put the cooler on it could short your MOBO or possibly seep under the CPU into the socket. It's only good for direct die applications with a nickel or copper cold plate.

The PSU is likely junk, it could have good guts with a generic sticker slapped on it but I doubt it. The best budget PSUs are the Seasonic Focus line, there are other great options but you'll need to wait for Shilka for a good up to date list. I wouldn't go with BeQuiet PSUs, they might have a few good ones but you can see for yourself. Don't go buy buyer reviews, go by real load test reviews/tear downs so you really know what it will do.

If I'm right about your PSU you need to replace it ASAP, anything you can do to reduce strain on it should be considered. If it's as bad as I think it is (or as bad as it can be) I wouldn't even use it till I replaced it. The PSU is as critical a part as the CPU, MOBO, GPU and cooler IMO. Not only does it feed your rig but it can kill it or burst into flames. I believe like with all electronics the PSU's ripple or possible over/undervoltage can be really hard on things in the long run.

·
Senior OCN Member
39,887 Posts
Sory but that PSU is god awful and needs to go into the nearest dumpster
As said the Seasonic Focus Plus is great option

As for Be Quiet some of their cheaper units are not all that great and their higher end series tend to be very expensive
If you want something really cheap thats not junk something like a Corsair CX550M is an okey option

But a Seasonic Focus or Prime Ultra would be far better if you can afford it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sory but that PSU is god awful and needs to go into the nearest dumpster
As said the Seasonic Focus Plus is great option

As for Be Quiet some of their cheaper units are not all that great and their higher end series tend to be very expensive
If you want something really cheap thats not junk something like a Corsair CX550M is an okey option

But a Seasonic Focus or Prime Ultra would be far better if you can afford it
Oki thx for the Infos i will try . Im very new in overclocking and i thing my Mobo ist also not so nice for OC . But i love Gigabyte waht its the best AM4 Mainboard from Giabyte for Overclocking?

ITs this one good:
GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming 5, Mainboard
?

·
Senior OCN Member
39,887 Posts
Right now you need a new PSU much more then a new motherboard
If you try and overclock with that turd of a PSU you might fry parts of your PC

Few things matters more then clean and stable power delivery and anything sold by MS-Tech is junk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right now you need a new PSU much more then a new motherboard
If you try and overclock with that turd of a PSU you might fry parts of your PC

Few things matters more then clean and stable power delivery and anything sold by MS-Tech is junk
Its this PSU good: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 550 Gold ?

·
Senior OCN Member
39,887 Posts

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
Its this PSU good: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 550 Gold ?

Focus Plus is the best price/performance 550W PSU on the market right now unless you find something like a Prime Ultra on sale for the same price (which is a longer PSU).

If you buy an EVGA G2 you only get 5 or 7 year warranty AFAIK ; the G3 is known to be noisy on eco mode. The Corsair RM550X tends to be more expensive, is longer in size, and doesn't have hybrid fan mode but it does have a full 10 year warranty.

In summary:
* top notch voltage regulation
* fully modular , modular board is attached electrically with a full plate rather than wires

Seasonic’s engineers have implemented a new design feature, where instead of cables; the back panel and the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) are connected by a copper plate. This breakthrough solution not only lowers the chance of production errors during manual insertion but it also improves output power quality.
* hybrid fan mode that works ,wire grille instead of the punched metal grille for the fan

* 10 yr warranty on Focus Plus models even for 550W
* no supplier mumbo jumbo, every PSU is Seasonic built

·
Senior OCN Member
39,887 Posts
The RMx does have a hybrid fan mode its just done automatically and you cant turn it off

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The RMx does have a hybrid fan mode its just done automatically and you cant turn it off
But waht its the best way to ckeck how mutch watt i need its 550 watt oki or i need more ?

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
Unless you're going for overclocking 290X and heavy CPU overclocking - then 550W is very good, leaving you with a nice margin of power left. And since you have R5 1600x (why would you get that instead of 1600 ._.) and the GTX 1060 - you're away from even 400W of power draw.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts