Overclock.net banner

I've been Friday'd!

415 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Formula7
Alright, so I just ordered a new monitor. My mom said she'd shoot me $100 around Christmas time to help me get a new one to replace this space hog of a CRT. Anyhow, she said last week that she'd help me if I found one on Black Friday special. So, I did... and as my family usually does, she changed her statement. Eh, whatever. I'll just take the $100 reimbursement come 12/25. Haha. Her reasoning was that it would still be on sale for even less later because of the recession. Maybe she's right... but I'm gonna call BS and go for it.

Here's what I ordered:
Hanns·G HH-241HPB Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor

I'm excited! Will post pics with the rest of the rig in a "Family Photo" once it's all setup.

Starbucks gave me my paycheck a day early. I guess everyone who works in payroll has to get the direct deposits out early because of Turkey Day. And I have no problem with that, whatsoever!

Anyone else have one of these exact monitors? My buddy has Hanns-G's all over his house and likes them quite a bit. I think I made a good decision.
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Nice I was thinking of picking up a bigger monitor...off topic but what are your settings for 4ghz? vcore etc....
Nice, congrats on the purchase!
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaseshift
View Post

Nice I was thinking of picking up a bigger monitor...off topic but what are your settings for 4ghz? vcore etc....

Yea, I'm on a 17" CRT. Eat your heart out. Lol.

I've got 4.0Ghz @ 1.41V (after vDroop). It's set to 1.43 in BIOS. I am shooting for 4.3Ghz. I've heard stories of that being reached on air. Although, apparently the voltage jumpb from 4.0 to 4.1 is much larger in comparison than the voltage jump from 3.4 to 4.0. I'm told that my vcore should be at about 1.54 if I want 4.1 Then again, I just saw someone with 4.6 @ 1.52(?) I believe. I think it was on air, too... It's got me all confuzzled.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by Formula7
View Post

Alright, so I just ordered a new monitor. My mom said she'd shoot me $100 around Christmas time to help me get a new one to replace this space hog of a CRT. Anyhow, she said last week that she'd help me if I found one on Black Friday special. So, I did... and as my family usually does, she changed her statement. Eh, whatever. I'll just take the $100 reimbursement come 12/25. Haha. Her reasoning was that it would still be on sale for even less later because of the recession. Maybe she's right... but I'm gonna call BS and go for it.

Here's what I ordered:
Hanns·G HH-241HPB Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor

I'm excited! Will post pics with the rest of the rig in a "Family Photo" once it's all setup.

Starbucks gave me my paycheck a day early. I guess everyone who works in payroll has to get the direct deposits out early because of Turkey Day. And I have no problem with that, whatsoever!

Anyone else have one of these exact monitors? My buddy has Hanns-G's all over his house and likes them quite a bit. I think I made a good decision.

I think you did too. Its a great looking monitor bro. The only thing I would have shot for was 1920x1200 res, but I don't know if 23" monitors came at that res, but for the price, that can't be beaten. I hope you really enjoy your buy, and that was a bad excuse from your mom man. Hey my mom told me to buy myself a G1 for my birthday and she would pay me back for it as a gift...she still owes me half the money now!

...and my birthday was in April lol.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterAutomatic
View Post

I think you did too. Its a great looking monitor bro. The only thing I would have shot for was 1920x1200 res, but I don't know if 23" monitors came at that res, but for the price, that can't be beaten. I hope you really enjoy your buy, and that was a bad excuse from your mom man. Hey my mom told me to buy myself a G1 for my birthday and she would pay me back for it as a gift...she still owes me half the money now!

...and my birthday was in April lol.

Lol. Ouch. Yea, I think it's a Filipino thing... Haha. My aunt told me she was gonna give me her '01 VW Golf and when I called her telling her I was in need of a car and finally had my license. She decided that she'd change her mind... she lives in a brand new lux condo tower just off the Bay Bridge and takes Muni everywhere. The lady lives 3 blocks away from downtown SF and a 2 from the bay bridge... MUNI is a great transit system... I LIVE IN THE BURBS! GIVE ME THE CAR, LADY! Lol...

Whatever, if I get the money (or the car for that matter...
), hooray for me. If, I don't... well... I scored a Hanns-G and I have a job anyway. True on the 1200, I would have loved one of those. But, I at least got the 1080, so I can't be mad. I'm far from mad. I'm ecstatic!
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.