Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started folding just now. I've got it on all my computers in my house so I dunno how much i can help but we'll see. does this folding help find cures for cancers or just protein based diseases??

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
Grats!

Actually cancers I believe are protein based. The whole "folding" concept is they simulate proteins that "fold" atop themselves thus causing mutations and thus deformed cells which turn into unfortunately many things.

Lots of GREAT reading at the [email protected] Stanford site about the project and it's methodology!

·
Banned
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ictinike View Post
Grats!

Actually cancers I believe are protein based. The whole "folding" concept is they simulate proteins that "fold" atop themselves thus causing mutations and thus deformed cells which turn into unfortunately many things.

Lots of GREAT reading at the [email protected] Stanford site about the project and it's methodology!
thanks! like i said i don't have a full fledged "farm" but i do have all my pc's folding so i'm hoping to make some kinda dent.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSU_ComputerMajor View Post
thanks! like i said i don't have a full fledged "farm" but i do have all my pc's folding so i'm hoping to make some kinda dent.
Every litle bit helps!!!!

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
A dent, regardless of size, is a dent no?

I sure wouldn't be happy about any in my vehicle so big or small ANY contribution helps to the team and we welcome you with arms. It's addicting here for folding and don't let the folding fanactics ruin your day!

Fold on!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexisd
View Post

Good work.
Now my question is how many PPD you think i can get with my rig?It's overclocked @ 3.7 stable and have a 9800gt stock.

Start your own thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSU_ComputerMajor
View Post

i have my sig rig, another desktop and three lappys all folding. is it possible to fold with my sig rigs GPU?

I dont think the X1650 supports Physics, so I dont think you can fold on it.

·
Banned
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by heathmcabee
View Post

Start your own thread.

I dont think the X1650 supports Physics, so I dont think you can fold on it.

thanks. that sucks. i thought i read somewhere that most of the X series could. oh well...whats the cheapest card that will fold? pref. ATI if possible.

·
Retired/disabled.
1,935 Posts
Quote:

View Post

would any 4000series fold?

Quote:

View Post

everytime i try to bring the FAh veiwer up on my lappy it freezes. what could be the cause? how do i find out what my production rate is?

PM or check with Gibby he is the one I check with for some of my prblems and he will help find both answers...

Chuck D

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

View Post

would any 4000series fold?

Yep. Get the HD4870, their price is falling by the week. Newegg had a 1GB version on sale for cheaper than $160 the other day. Shop around, as their price is diving.

Important thing to remember with all the PPD talk, GPU WUs still produce more points than CPU WUs.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
to see how much you are folding use fahmon if you need help setting it up over multiple pc's just send me a pm

not all the fanatics are bad

1 - 20 of 59 Posts