Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive got a amd 64 3200 venice core and i want to overclock this...i also want to get a watercooling system but just a low end system because ive not much money to spend and the thermaltake big water system had caught my eye..all i want to know is what you guys think of the thermaltake water cooling system and how good it is. I hope to overclock to around 2.6/7 ghz and was wondering what sort of temperatures i would be looking at.
thanks in advance for any help given

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waqasr

ok ive got a amd 64 3200 venice core and i want to overclock this...i also want to get a watercooling system but just a low end system because ive not much money to spend and the thermaltake big water system had caught my eye..all i want to know is what you guys think of the thermaltake water cooling system and how good it is. I hope to overclock to around 2.6/7 ghz and was wondering what sort of temperatures i would be looking at.
thanks in advance for any help given

IMO, you're better off with high end air cooling than the Bigwater. Air cooling is cheaper, performs better and if used with low noise fans, very quiet.
A Thermaltake Big Typhoon will set you back about £30.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

I would get this easy to install and cheap

nah thats a bit out of my price range..but ill try to save up a bit more...could someone get me a reivew of that or the results of that tested on a amd 64, id really appreciate that.

Quote:

IMO, you're better off with high end air cooling than the Bigwater. Air cooling is cheaper, performs better and if used with low noise fans, very quiet.

so ur saying a high end air cooling system would cool better than the big water system?...if i was to go with the high end air cooling i was thinking either the thermaltake Blue orb 2 or the Zalman FS-C77 Fatal1ty CPU Cooler...whats your opinion on those coolers people?

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste

I agree. You get more bang for you buck with high end air then you do with the Bigwater. If you are going to go with the Bigwater get the Second Edition (Bigwater SE).

I say go with the Big Typhoon or get the Thermalright XP-120.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok now u guys have convinced me to get a high end air cooler...thanks you guys for saving me a few bucks
....ok so now ive just got to choose the best one...ive got 2 in mind the blue orb 2, mostly because it looks soo nice
and not a bad cooler ...and the big typhoon because ive read it one of the best coolers...and beacause im not a hardcore overclocker i think air cooling will cut it..no need for water cooling....if anyone can recomend the best general air cooler please let me know...i also read about the thermalrite xp/sl - 120 and the big typhoon seems to be the better performer

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waqasr

120 and the big typhoon seems to be the better performer

What reviews have you been reading?

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
I agree it would be better to go with a better make for water cooling to be honest something like big water or thermaltake..There is a thermal take water cooler out ther for about 50 quid these days ill try and find a link for you.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

What reviews have you been reading?

i cant remember what website it was on but the big typhoon got the better of 1-2 degrees.

Quote:

I agree it would be better to go with a better make for water cooling to be honest something like big water or thermaltake..There is a thermal take water cooler out ther for about 50 quid these days ill try and find a link for you.

so what are you exactly saying there..the way you worded that has kind of confused me, but yea if you can find a 50 quid water cooler please let me know.
and thanks for the help so far guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts