Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When buying monitors always choose a CRT as they have better refresh rates as a LCD. On LCD's you are actually seeing something a milisecond ago. is this true.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerule9

When buying monitors always choose a CRT as they have better refresh rates as a LCD. On LCD's you are actually seeing something a milisecond ago. is this true.

Yes, the only real advantage to LCD is the saving of desk space.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Yes, the only real advantage to LCD is the saving of desk space.

I thought it was true too, it is.. but it isn't.. I was playing BF: vietnam on a 19' dell LCD at my friends. I didn't notice any screen lag or any of that stuff. I checked out the specs in the manual that came with the computer, and it was a 20ms monitor.. so I'm just saying.. its not very noticable at all..

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
get this:

I once did a lab in a physics class where we gauged response times by haveing one person (in a group of 2) drop a meterstick spontaneously and the other person there would catch it. Then, we measured the distnace and applied the gravitational coefficient to find the reaction time. The best in the class of 20 something was about 13ms. The average was about 18ms. The response times of LCD's are so low there is no way to notice, your brain simply cannot process the input from your eyes fast enough.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by --Filip--

get this:

I once did a lab in a physics class where we gauged response times by haveing one person (in a group of 2) drop a meterstick spontaneously and the other person there would catch it. Then, we measured the distnace and applied the gravitational coefficient to find the reaction time. The best in the class of 20 something was about 13ms. The average was about 18ms. The response times of LCD's are so low there is no way to notice, your brain simply cannot process the input from your eyes fast enough.

so what ur saying is you natural have 'brain lag'' and the two can cancell each other out??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by --Filip--

LOL sort of. I might be wrong in that when doing heavy panning the picture might not change fast enough.

okay just wondering, maby

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
ok, i also read a book, CRTS r bad for ur brain. ( they pump out 76% more radiation. ) would u sacrafice performance for ur health?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Get a Samsung LCD.
Dell monitors suck.
My syncmaster 712n is 12ms and 600:1 . Got it for 310 bucks.
Just try to stay 10 hours in a row in front of a CRT screen, then look yourself in the mirror... you will see a ******ed in it. CRTs burn your head so much...
LCDs are leds instead of cathodic rays hitting your retine with radiation.
There is nothing to think about in here... LCDs are the best IF they are a good monitor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts