Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have my ram at 8-8-8-24-88-1t (CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRFC-CR), what do i want to go up and what do i want to go down? thats stock clocks for my corsair domminators except for the 1t which i did myself, running at 1.65

what do i want to go up and what do i want to force down? does increasing voltage help me get better clocks? does increasing the voltage serisouly heat up the sticks, would stock airflow in my HAF 932 be be fine for increasing the voltage etc, im comfotable overclocking my gpu and my cpu, lets get to the last thing i can really play with

·
Registered
666 Posts
Do you want tight timings or high frecuencies??

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
RAM voltage increases isn't stopped by heat, its stopped by too much voltages instantly killing the memory. Basicly you want all those timers to go down, the 'tighter' the better. Think of it like a girl's waistband measurements, tighter (smaller numbers) the better. First place to start, google for your RAM's max safe voltages, find out what volts other people are running at.

Edit: Another thing you must consider is frequency. I looked at your CPU-Z validation and I believe you used a lower divider than what is normal to get stock 1600 Mhz @ 200FSB. You could start your overclocking of RAM off by setting the divider back to allow for 1600 Mhz @ 200FSB. I believe the correct divider would be 1:4, thats how I have it set on an AMD board. (I'm not familiar with Intel overclocking as well as AMD)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and it should be 74 now that i think about it..... time to reboot once again woot woot, so with the perfect chip of all time, i would have 1-1-1-5-20 kinda deal?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDProb
View Post

and it should be 74 now that i think about it..... time to reboot once again woot woot, so with the perfect chip of all time, i would have 1-1-1-5-20 kinda deal?

I don't believe timings are in a ratio really, each one stands for something or another and by lowering the timing (in realitiy, making it go faster) farther than what they had at stock would cause instability. Please read my edit I did to my original post too, you seem to be ignoring frequency which also matters. There are different theorys on RAM overclocking, some like lower freq. with tighter timings, others like high freq. Loose timings. You will have to either make a choice (currently you have a low freq) or find yourself a stable balance.''

edit: Lol is this even your cpu-Z? http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=848329 Im looking at it and its weird to say the least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts