Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a noob question I know, but im wondering about my cpu temps. I recently installed an i5 3570k with h-100 and booted it up and monitored temps for a few minutes.
My motherboard bios read between 27-28.5C . Is this normal temp?

This is with an i5 3570k, AsRock z77 extreme 4 MoBo. No pci cards or drives installed.

·
How many volts!?
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post

This is a noob question I know, but im wondering about my cpu temps. I recently installed an i5 3570k with h-100 and booted it up and monitored temps for a few minutes.
This is with an i5 3570k, AsRock z77 extreme 4 MoBo. No pci cards or drives installed.
Before I'd call for concern, I'd be looking to boot into Windows to check the temps.

Not to mention those temps are 100% fine. Idle isn't really what counts, it's more the load temps I'd be watching for.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Quote:

Ok thanks. I only wanted to check with others to see if there was a potential problem I could fix before it got worse. I should be looking for around 65-70c under load right?
Have you overclocked it yet?

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Quote:

I have not. Ive yet to learn how. I'm just focusing on getting the build finished and running the I'll OC it.
I don't think it'll be anything near 70 celcius under load. They should be around 45-55 celcius.

·
Registered
968 Posts
OP, my ambient is around 25-27c, my 3770k idles around 32C with the h100, at 1.22v, under load (4.5ghz) it was hitting the mid 70s =/

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 3770K is running at 31-40c in idle, this is OCed at 4.5 with 1.29v... also under a H100.

When running prime it reaches 85c easy
smile.gif

I think your temps are fine.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
To me it looks normal. Nothing unsafe or to be concerned about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
192 Posts
Quote:

DUDE OMG! We have the exact setup. But i have to reapply the Thermal paste cuz i have to transfer it to my new cpu. I used an MX-2 and all on stock, Bios HWmonitor reads it as 36-38c. I'm like getting 10c hotter than yours!

I use the pea method to apply the MX-2, i accidentally tap the top of the cpu where the TIM is sitting, so i kinda smudge and messed up the pea method, but I continued putting the cooler anyways. Does this has something to do with the way I applied the TIM and the reseating of the cooler, or its just my TIM aint good enough?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmith View Post

DUDE OMG! We have the exact setup. But i have to reapply the Thermal paste cuz i have to transfer it to my new cpu. I used an MX-2 and all on stock, Bios HWmonitor reads it as 36-38c. I'm like getting 10c hotter than yours!
I use the pea method to apply the MX-2, i accidentally tap the top of the cpu where the TIM is sitting, so i kinda smudge and messed up the pea method, but I continued putting the cooler anyways. Does this has something to do with the way I applied the TIM and the reseating of the cooler, or its just my TIM aint good enough?
Honestly my ambient temp was like crazy low as I was working basically in a very drafty outdoor shop. Inside a building I get around 36c idle temp with ambient about 75F. So chances are that small smidge didnt make a big difference
thumb.gif

·
Registered
192 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts