·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

GIGABYTE's Tweak Launcher:
Why isn't this available on other platforms? Easytune imho is crap
tongue.gif
. Half the time it resets bios settings, which makes things difficult when you don't want voltage changing to default.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:

hey yes BIOS F6 was released yesterday please flash to that.
The Mouse freezes in the BIOS then the OC is unstable, I have had it happen, it happens when you are on the border of stability. you need more Vcore. What are the rest of your settings?
AE is like a full boot, if you try to boot with 1x multiplier higher you will get a BDOS if you try to stability test it. The BIOS puts a slight load on the CPU, something like 30% at some points, so it has some effect when your OC isn't' stable.
F6 BIOS is the final of F6K, F6H, anf F6I.
Do you have a link to this BIOS? luckily I do have a cheaper keyboard that does work with other BIOes,

The settings mentioned are it, nothing else change.

Memory settings are stock apart from 16.00X to give me 1600Mhz.

Do you have a link to a known working saved BIOS profile say for around 4.7Ghz?

Thankyou.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Its actually the UD5H-WiFi.

I have also tried the autotuning feature of Easytune6, cant say it worked to well.

• It says its going to reboot at the beginning of testing, but then gets stuck in a boot loop, so have to hit the power switch, clearCMOS, restart.

• It then loads into windows and resumes autotuning, after a lot of Bluescreens testing the BCLK, it comes up with this,

t.png

Which isnt stable.

Or I could just have a poor chip, a shame as my 2500K on a GA-Z68XP-UD4 did 5.2Ghz easily enough.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just grab some screen shots of my 4.5Ghz setting,

120427021511.jpg

120427021527.jpg

120427021536.jpg

120427021547.jpg

120427021558.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
okay you can increase the LLC to Extreme, and change the current capability to extreme.

it is a 2500K right?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Its a i5 3570K.

Flashed to the BIOS you linked too (but as mentioned a Corsair K90 isnt recognized, so dusted off my old microsoft keyboard)

shoved 1.35v up it (LLC set to extreme) and have gone past 1hr in Prime95 @46X

Maximum temps with a Antec kuhler920 were 64,71,68,64

The temps actually hovered around the mid 60's

Untitled2-19.png

More Vcore for 47X you think?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numero-uno View Post

Its a i5 3570K.
Flashed to the BIOS you linked too (but as mentioned a Corsair K90 isnt recognized, so dusted off my old microsoft keyboard)
shoved 1.35v up it (LLC set to extreme) and have gone past 1hr in Prime95 @46X
Maximum temps with a Antec kuhler920 were 64,71,68,64
The temps actually hovered around the mid 60's
Untitled2-19.png

More Vcore for 47X you think?
Wow, the temps are pretty good for 1.35V. Temps usually spike up to 90C after 1.3V. Can you get CPU [email protected] on 1.2V. One member here punceh(he may have golden chip) got 4.8GHz stable at 1.22V.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWill1991 View Post

Wow, the temps are pretty good for 1.35V. Temps usually spike up to 90C after 1.3V. Can you get CPU [email protected] on 1.2V. One member here punceh(he may have golden chip) got 4.8GHz stable at 1.22V.
No chance of that, Im trying for 47X now with Vcore set to 1.39v and Prime95 is stopping after just 2 tests

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
perhaps they have an E0 stepping ES to get over 90C with 1.3v, lol i can do 1.4v and then get 90C, but the processor doesn't throttle until 105C.

Also these CPus can run at higher temps, id say 90C is to ivy Bridge as 80C was to every intel CPu before that.

So you K90 still doesn't work in the F6 BIOS? It is a UD5H correct? Can you fill out your info in your signature? it would help everyone help you better.

If you have a UD3H or UD5H, try the USb 3.0 ports closest to the first LAN port. Or try andother USb 2.0 port on the UD5H.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Quote:

perhaps they have an E0 stepping ES to get over 90C with 1.3v, lol i can do 1.4v and then get 90C, but the processor doesn't throttle until 105C.
Also these CPus can run at higher temps, id say 90C is to ivy Bridge as 80C was to every intel CPu before that.
So you K90 still doesn't work in the F6 BIOS? It is a UD5H correct? Can you fill out your info in your signature? it would help everyone help you better.
If you have a UD3H or UD5H, try the USb 3.0 ports closest to the first LAN port. Or try andother USb 2.0 port on the UD5H.
Yeah, I wouldn't be afraid to prime at over 90C for 12 hours especially if you get performance protection plan. It's not like you're going to be stressing Ivy to 100% load for 24/7. Even folding doesn't get the temps high as prime.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:

Done my Sig.

The K90 only works with the F6K BIOS, I was sent it from Gigabyte as a fix to my issue, I tried all the USB ports and combinations.

Last issue is I cant get the IGFX and my GTX570 to work together for LucidMVP.

I can have either one on their own, but when I enter the BIOS and set the integrated graphics to enabled and IGFX first, it just restarts after the BIOS screen.

I had prime95 running for nearly an [email protected], 1.395v, but it BSOD

Max temps recorded were like 71,78,73,72

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
you should set iGFX and then unplug from the dGPU and plug into the motherboard. it works fine for me. Try set enable iGFX and init first the iGPU and plug into the iGPU after saving. i need to make a video b/c a lot of people have this issue. I will report your keyboard still doesn't work in the final BIOS but works in F6K.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:

you should set iGFX and then unplug from the dGPU and plug into the motherboard. it works fine for me. Try set enable iGFX and init first the iGPU and plug into the iGPU after saving. i need to make a video b/c a lot of people have this issue.
Thats the thing, I have tried every combination possible and it still just keeps boot looping after the BIOS screen.

I had it working on the first UD5H I had (an Antec PSU killed it)

But this replacement aint working.

another interesting thing is that the two boards had a slightly different design layout (the RAM slots have a gap on the older one)

Old,
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/stulid/IMG_0238.jpg

New,
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/stulid/IMG_0469-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
This is like the best OC guide!!! Cant wait to get my 3570K
smile.gif

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
numero uno- I will test it out on the one without the gap, the wifi one I have has no gap. The one without wifi has a gap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:

numero uno- I will test it out on the one without the gap, the wifi one I have has no gap. The one without wifi has a gap.
Cheers, I finally got this Lucid working about an hour or two ago.

Also a stable 4.7Ghz using 1.4v, temps in the mid 70s maximum.

Another thing I noticed using a GA-Z68XP-UD4 (BIOS F6 from their website) , my i5 3570K wont allow a higher ratio than 38X in the advanced BIOS settings and Turbo artios cant be adjusted (Greyed out)

·
Registered
2 Posts
numero-uno, can you show us your print screen in bios here? and temps. Thanks
one thing I noticed that most good OC of Ivy came from Gigabyte mobos...hmmm..

21 - 40 of 1510 Posts