Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 1510 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Quote:
Originally Posted by numero-uno View Post

Cheers, I finally got this Lucid working about an hour or two ago.
Also a stable 4.7Ghz using 1.4v, temps in the mid 70s maximum.
Another thing I noticed using a GA-Z68XP-UD4 (BIOS F6 from their website) , my i5 3570K wont allow a higher ratio than 38X in the advanced BIOS settings and Turbo artios cant be adjusted (Greyed out)
yea they are working on it. Shodul be fixed by monday or somtimes next week.

·
Registered
98 Posts
@Sin0822

Would still be good to see your profile for 4.7, 4.8Ghz, to see if im missing anything?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyLangitngit View Post

numero-uno, can you show us your print screen in bios here? and temps. Thanks
one thing I noticed that most good OC of Ivy came from Gigabyte mobos...hmmm..
Sure,

120428135725.jpg

120428135743.jpg

120428135750.jpg

120428135825.jpg

Untitled3-4.png

·
Registered
98 Posts
LucidMVP is a strange one to set up.

With default core speed etc, but with IGFX set to first and the IGP set to enable it wont boot, it bootloops

If I overclock the CPU, it does work.

BIOS F6L dated yesterday fixes the Corsair K90 issue.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If my CPU is overclocked, even slightly (just 1X ratio extra) it boots up perfectly and Lucid MVP is working.

At default values (IGFX and IGP enabled and set to first) it boot loops after the BIOS splash screen.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

I

however I used sandy for about a month before release and saw degradation instantly at over 1.5v, with ivy I used over 1.5 a lot and have seen no degradation over a much longer period of time. The CPu is much more resilient, whether one day it will just die and give up I have no idea, but i would think to say the CPu is damn resilient.
1.35-1.4v MAX For Air/Water
What do you mean you saw degradation over a month with 1.5v? Like instead of getting 10fps , now u're only getting 8fps? this is just an example. I mean like how did you know there was a degradation after a month of usage? Cause from what i know, ther's no way to tell if there's degradation.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
no not performance degradation, that isn't the issue, the CPU shouldn't degrade in performance. i refer to overclocking degradation, for instance instead of needing 1.3v to do 4.0ghz the CPU will need 1.33v to do the same frequency. You see this type of thing happen for very long term overclocks, or overclocks that are done at a high voltage, higher than that which the transistor is able to handle. Companies such as Intel will run their products at a high temperature and high voltage to test for the same thing, in the case of Ivy Bridge, it doesn't seem to occur at the rate at which it happen on Sandy Bridge. I saw the same thing happen with X58 i7 930 I have, but with Ivy Bridge I have yet to see it from over-volting. The degradation can also cause the processor not to operate with its stock voltage as well, needing higher voltage.

Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
yea, thx for the fast reply man. That cleared things up for me, cause I always thought degradation is lower performance u know like let say u get 100fps when u first bought the cpu, then after a couple months or years, it will go down to like let say 80fps. But now you cleared it up for me, thx again
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
yea man no problem, that however could happen if no enough power was being provided to the CPU, but that usually doesn't' occur.

Good luck with your OC endeavors!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks numero uno for the share, your temp is too high for 4.7ghz, is that ok? i read it somewhere that ivybridge can handle heat more than Sandy Bridge is that true?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyLangitngit View Post

thanks numero uno for the share, your temp is too high for 4.7ghz, is that ok? i read it somewhere that ivybridge can handle heat more than Sandy Bridge is that true?
Does 7C higher TJMAX than SB mean anything to you? This question have been asked so many times.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:

interesting, it shouldn't do that, how does it loop?
It restarts after the BIOS screen, before the windows icon even appears.

As before, if I load a overclocked profile, that works, then just enter the frequency section and just set it all back to normal including voltages, it then boot loops.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
hey numero uno, can you post your screen shots or your profile? Save it to a flash drive and email it over. YOu are using the iGPU correct? If you don't use the iGPU what happens? What if you raise voltages and OC? BTW try setting voltage to auto not normal.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Subbed will be using this soon. Hopefully I can tease that 5 gigglehurtz line with my custom water loop
smile.gif

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:

hey numero uno, can you post your screen shots or your profile? Save it to a flash drive and email it over. YOu are using the iGPU correct? If you don't use the iGPU what happens? What if you raise voltages and OC? BTW try setting voltage to auto not normal.
As before, with the defaults loaded, IGFX set to first and IGP enabled, it boot loops.

A tiny overclock is all it needs to boot and the LucidMVP to work.

Will do some profile saving now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys Im new to Overclocking in gernal although I have always kind of followed the forums I have never had a system to do it on until now..

Is it normal to be getting higher temperatures at 4.4Ghz with Vcore at 1.11?
IntelBurnTest gives me ~65C
Prime95 gives me ~59C

Which program for load is most recommended?

I am using a Noctua D14 air cooler so I think it should be good but these temps seem a bit high based on the graph from the OP.

here are some screen shots.
Prime 95
Prime9544Ghz110V.jpg

Intel Burn Test
IntelBurntest44Ghz110V.jpg

Any comments on my temps would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

• Rep+
Reactions: coolhandluke41
41 - 60 of 1510 Posts