Overclock.net banner

1501 - 1510 of 1510 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
hmm ok I will check that out, thanks. it would be nice if all the options were available, even though at this point I don't really know what they do or how I should use them lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone. First "new" desktop since I upgraded from a q6600. Missed the OC life. This is what I'm currently working with, I got some new fans and thermal paste and gonna try delid it next weekend ! Still shocked, gone from 60c max to people not even worried about it licking 90 for benching.

CPUZ keeps mixing between stock and OC, not sure whats happening there :S

·
Registered
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doabackflip View Post

Hi everyone. First "new" desktop since I upgraded from a q6600. Missed the OC life. This is what I'm currently working with, I got some new fans and thermal paste and gonna try delid it next weekend ! Still shocked, gone from 60c max to people not even worried about it licking 90 for benching.

CPUZ keeps mixing between stock and OC, not sure whats happening there :S

If you delid the chip, your temps will be significantly lower. I only hit 70+ if I am at 4.7ghz+

If I am doing daily at 4.5ghz, I will hover in the low 60s @ ~1.2v

·
Optics Fiend
4,856 Posts

So far so good. 4.5ghz @ 1.2vcore Just made the jump from 4.2ghz at 1.12. Just want to see what a slight bump in vcore and clockspeed would do.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have problem with my new Team Vulcan 2400MHZ CL11 16GB kit

XMp 2400MHZ my system simply wont boot.

Tried Increasing vdimm 1.65v-1.75v and VCCSA/VCCIO until it reach 1.0V/1.150V still no boot.

Possible for Faulty RAM? should i try RMA? bad cpu/mobo?

my mobo support up to 2800OC.

Everything on BIOS is at default settings when overclocking the RAM.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper17 View Post

I have problem with my new Team Vulcan 2400MHZ CL11 16GB kit

XMp 2400MHZ my system simply wont boot.

Tried Increasing vdimm 1.65v-1.75v and VCCSA/VCCIO until it reach 1.0V/1.150V still no boot.

Possible for Faulty RAM? should i try RMA? bad cpu/mobo?

my mobo support up to 2800OC.

Everything on BIOS is at default settings when overclocking the RAM.
My experience:

Not necessarily broken anything, Ivy Bridge isnt guaranteed to work with anything more then 1600Mhz RAM. I couldnt get my 2400 C11 kit stable at XMP settings, I had to play around with the timings and speed and settled at 2000 C9. I didnt get into the secondary and tertiary timings too much though.

To be fair I didnt get any crashes or hangs with the RAM and it booted fine, it just started throwing out a few bad work units in [email protected] I then ran HyperPI a few times and it failed, although IIRC it passed it when I first picked up the RAM and ran Folding just fine for a couple months before this happened.

Have you tried reducing the speed to 2133 mhz for example keeping the same timings? It could still mean its bad RAM if you wanted to return it and test, just saying its possible that your CPU and motherboard can't handle it at that speed, even if your mobo as mine does supports up to much faster on paper. Deends on the quality of the IMC in the chip, much like some chips overclock way better then others.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

My experience:

Not necessarily broken anything, Ivy Bridge isnt guaranteed to work with anything more then 1600Mhz RAM. I couldnt get my 2400 C11 kit stable at XMP settings, I had to play around with the timings and speed and settled at 2000 C9. I didnt get into the secondary and tertiary timings too much though.

To be fair I didnt get any crashes or hangs with the RAM and it booted fine, it just started throwing out a few bad work units in [email protected] I then ran HyperPI a few times and it failed, although IIRC it passed it when I first picked up the RAM and ran Folding just fine for a couple months before this happened.

Have you tried reducing the speed to 2133 mhz for example keeping the same timings? It could still mean its bad RAM if you wanted to return it and test, just saying its possible that your CPU and motherboard can't handle it at that speed, even if your mobo as mine does supports up to much faster on paper. Deends on the quality of the IMC in the chip, much like some chips overclock way better then others.
It only can Boot up to 2000MHZ CL9/10/11 with @1.6V
2133/2400MHZ simply just won't boot at all by far. Tried bump VCCSA/VCCIO, 1.65-1.75V, with some timing CL10/CL11/CL12/CL13, just failed.

there is 1 review at OCN my mobo TZ77XE4 running 2400-2600mhz just fine with Corsair Dominator.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1261185/test-for-biostar-tz77xe4-loading-with-core-i7-3770k-overclocking-4-8g

yeah it might be, even exactly same product, still have a different silicon chip.

as for right now I'm running All 4 sticks together Total 24GB with 1600MHZ CL 9-9-9-24 -2T @1.5V, 3570K @4.5GHZ, seems fine. tried small testing with HCIdesign MemTest ~100coverage no error. What do you suggest a software for stability testing?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper17 View Post

It only can Boot up to 2000MHZ CL9/10/11 with @1.6V
2133/2400MHZ simply just won't boot at all by far. Tried bump VCCSA/VCCIO, 1.65-1.75V, with some timing CL10/CL11/CL12/CL13, just failed.

there is 1 review at OCN my mobo TZ77XE4 running 2400-2600mhz just fine with Corsair Dominator.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1261185/test-for-biostar-tz77xe4-loading-with-core-i7-3770k-overclocking-4-8g

yeah it might be, even exactly same product, still have a different silicon chip.

as for right now I'm running All 4 sticks together Total 24GB with 1600MHZ CL 9-9-9-24 -2T @1.5V, 3570K @4.5GHZ, seems fine. tried small testing with HCIdesign MemTest ~100coverage no error. What do you suggest a software for stability testing?
Any reason you need 24 GB RAM? You might find if you removed the 2x4 kit the 16GB would work at the XMP speed.

Even if you bought the same brand and model of RAM they might have different IC's (memory chips) on board, and even if the primary timings match there might be a problem with the secondary or tertiary timings. Its possible to get them to work together, but it takes a lot of time and testing to find where the problem is.

I use HyperPi set to 32 million and realtime and run it several times. You could also use Prime 95 set to use 90% of your RAM in blend test for a few hours. I found that when I passed these two I havent have any problems with anything else. YMMV of course.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Just picked up another 3770k to replace the 3770 in my bedroom PC. I guess I was spoiled with the chip in my sons computer. It will do 4.8 @ 1.28V, the new one I got hits a wall at 4.6 and will only do 4.5 @ 1.375V. I was hoping to squeak out another year with this platform in my bedroom, but looks like im gonna have to get something more modern, unless I can find another golden 3770k.

1501 - 1510 of 1510 Posts