Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperSPEED View Post

Guys I have around $440 budget that is around 1100 in MYR. What should I go?
CORE i5 3570K - $245
ASUS P8Z77-M - $146
2XCORSAIR PC1600 D3 VG - $50
What you guys recommendation?? I will use my current CM real power 550 PSU and Asus 7950
biggrin.gif
Do you need a case, or are those parts the only ones you need?
Looks like a very good build, will definitely be an improvement from your current, but why not go with a better mobo that offers better power delivery and OC abilities than the Asus uATX board? (I'm assuming you're going to OC because of the "k" unlocked CPU you are getting, correct me if I'm wrong please).

FOr the same price (in $US) you could look at:

Asrock Extreme4 z77: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
Gigabyte Z77x UD3H: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544

go for one of those, full sized, better power and such, and same price!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
626 Posts
Quote:

Do you oc your i5 3570k?? how far would this cpu goes? in that ASrock mobo
biggrin.gif
you cant predict how high of an overclock you are going to get on these chips, its just random luck if you have a good chip.
most chips will reach 4.5 ghz at reasonable temperature though with aftermarket cooling

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Quote:

Do you oc your i5 3570k?? how far would this cpu goes? in that ASrock mobo
biggrin.gif
It depends on the chip, you gotta be lucky with it, but it certainly also depends on the cooling.
If you're going with the stock cooler, don't expect too much of it. After all, it's IB, it DOES get hot.
If you're willing to upgrade your budget a bit, go for the H100 and be assured it'll reach much higher clock speeds.
smile.gif

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey "Punceh" I see you went with the 3570k are you stable at [email protected]? If so I think you got the higher binned chips I hate how the temps shoot up 20c higher vs sandy bridge once passing 1.30v

How high are your load temps in game like for BF3 for example?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey hyperspeed, have you checked out Micro Center's website. The core i5 3570k is $189, that would save you almost $60. The price only applies to "store pickups" but if a store is located near you it might be worth the drive to reap the savings.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekwannabe View Post

Hey hyperspeed, have you checked out Micro Center's website. The core i5 3570k is $189, that would save you almost $60. The price only applies to "store pickups" but if a store is located near you it might be worth the drive to reap the savings.
owww... I am at Malaysia man. And I only buy things that can delivers to my country or me myself go to local store. And I plan to go stock voltage 1st to see how far the i5 3570k will goes and then try the safest vcore that can goes with stock cooler.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Yeah, you shouldn't worry too much about those voltages. Nowadays, motherboards are equipped enough for users to just manipulate the bclock&mutliplier combo a little.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVolta425 View Post

Yeah, you shouldn't worry too much about those voltages. Nowadays, motherboards are equipped enough for users to just manipulate the bclock&mutliplier combo a little.
yaaahh... maybe will be experimenting with multiplier. Anyway not familiar enough to OC on new mobo as I am on mobo 3 years back now
rolleyes.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts