Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

----> SIGN UP HERE <----

Notice: You are now required to sign up each month, be sure to sign up for this month's event and each event going forward

What is the Foldathon?

Every month we hold a Foldathon, or FAT for short. The FAT is a mad dash over a 2 day period where we fold on as much hardware as we can get our grubby fingers on and try to amass the most points possible. It is winner takes all. Okay, that's not true, but if you're lucky you might win something, probably not, but you will have made a honorable contribution to the science behind [email protected] What is that science you're probably asking, have a gander over here to learn more. All units crunched for team 37726 count, even if you can only manage to complete one unit, but if you're already a folder, there's no excuse for not folding for the full 48 hours

How it works:

Sign-up and run [email protected] for Overclock.net (team number: 37726) during the specified times. Those who Fold will be entered into a drawing to win the prizes listed below. If you still don't know what [email protected] is or need some help getting started, feel free to post here, make a thread in the Overclock.net [email protected] Team forum or check this guide: FAHControl v7 for both CPU and GPU

If you don't submit any points during a Foldathon, you will be removed from the list, this is to push for active participation in the event.

You are required to re-sign up each month for the prize option, this is to hopefully push a little more active participation in the event as well and prevent prizes going to people who aren't active in the community.

When:

January 2021 Foldathon - Monday 18th - Wednesday 20th - 1200 ET/1600 UTC

----> Countdown to Start <----​

Reminders:

If you would like to be notified via mass thread mention, please send a private message @Simmons572 or @CptAsian to be added to the notification group.

Prize Winners:

- x5 OCN Premium Accounts - 1 Year Subscription

- x3 $25 Paypal Prize

- x1 $50 Paypal Prize

If you wish to donate a prize, shoot @lanofsong, @Simmons572 or @axipher a PM.

Prizes will be drawn on or around the following Monday after the event.

After accepting a prize in any given monthly folding event, members will sit out two events before becoming eligible for prizes again. This is to hopefully spread the kindly donated items amongst the OCN folding community more fairly.

Stats:

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Paging the following:

@1Nexus1 @4thKor @808MP5 @aas88keyz @aBigRedBear @adcantu @Alatar @altsanity @ALUCARDVPR @aludka @AMITAYUS @andyv @animagr @Anonymous Inc @Anthony20022 @APhamX @Artah @arvidab @Asiqduah @ASUSfreak @axipher @Baldy @barkeater @beezweeky @benpack101 @bfromcolo @BiG_LiG @BiscuitHead @Blaise Pascal @Blizlake @bonami2 @bpmcleod @brandonspeed2006 @brodieboy143 @Brutuz @Buzzin92 @BWG @caffeinescandal @Ceadderman @CharliesTheMan @Chiobe @Chooofoojoo @Clockwerk @CloudX @colin niloc @Compaddict @compmaster @Cord78 @Cotton @CptAsian @crashnburn_819 @CravinR1 @CynicalUnicorn @d0mini @Dagamus NM @DaMirrorLink @Danbeme32 @Darkness Sakura @DARKxBASSxLORD @DarthBaggins @Dawnblade @dbrisc @DeadlyEmbrace @Deathclaw @Deedaz @Demous @Desolutional @Detahmaio @Detoxification @Dhoulmagus @Diber @Diffident @Dirtymax04 @dlewbell @DogeTactical @done12many2 @DonkEnterprises @doritos93 @DreadManD @DrFreeman35 @dudesquirrel @Eaglesfan251 @EddyBear @Eeyore888 @egerds @Egilman @Ehpik @El-Fuego @elchucko @Emissary of Pain @emoga @emperor886 @ENTERPRISE @epidemic @Epipo @ericeod @Erick Silver @error-id10t @EtoileYuki @fasttracker440 @Fir3Chi3f @FireBean @fogran @fragamemnon @FranZe @Freakn @Fuganater @funfortehfun @Fuzzywinks @G3N3R4L Bl4Nk5 @G18 x UK @Galciv12 @garancomfort @Gavush @Geeboi @General121 @Genesis1984 @George C @GerroffMe @gildadan @Gnomepatrol @Go Gators! @goodtobeking @Goof245 @gr3nd3l @GreedyMuffin @GREG MISO @grivy @Gualichu04 @Gungnir @Hackcremo @Hacksword @happynutz420 @HardheadedMurphy @Hattifnatten @hazara @Heedehcheenuh @Hello Man @hertz9753 @hli53194 @holgate @HothBase @hrockh @Hukkel @Hyoketsu @idaWHALE @importflip @Infer1or @infodump @InverseTundra @istudy92 @Ithanul @james41382 @Jamnbam @jarble @JayKthnx @Jayrock @Jbads @JedixJarf @jefflikesbagels @jellybeans69 @jesse1053 @jesusboots @Jim888 @JJEEGG2211 @JKuhn @joeh4384 @johnko1 @Jon01010 @josephimports @Jpmboy @jswan @Junglist-Jay @jwalker150 @Kalpa @Kenpachi7 @killerquag @Kimir @King Who Dat @Kinsey @kirklloyd @kishagi @Kitler @Klue22 @konspiracy @KoolDrew @kpforce1 @kremtok @Krusher33 @kyle170 @Kyronn94 @kzim9 @labnjab @langer1972 @lanofsong @LeadbyFaith21 @LED Guy @ledzepp3 @leekaiwei @Legonut @LemonSlice @lever2stacks @lilchronic @loki_reborn @Loosenut @LupineDream @luXfer @Maintenance Bot @Majorhi @makr @martinhal @matt9882 @MattyMatt @maximus7651000 @mbmumford @McPaste @megawatz @mega_option101 @Melieson @metro @mica3speedy @Mightylobo @Millillion @mindracer @mingqi53 @mironccr345 @mirzet1976 @Mitche01 @mixolyd @mkclan @mmonnin @Modrod @mossberg385t @MP-Canuck @Mr.Pie @msgclb @muels7 @mxfreek09 @my94r/t @nategr8ns @navjack27 @nawon72 @nbmjhk6 @NBrock @Nick the Slick @Nicnivian @Nigyl @Nom-Ent @NostraD @notyettoday @nova4005 @Noxialis @no_safe_HAVEN @Nude_Lewd_Man @numbrs @OCScrub @omega17 @ozyo @packerbackermk @pangallosr @Paul17041993 @PaulWuzHere @Pentium4 531 overclocker @Phenomanator53 @pic16f28 @Pidoma @PimpSkyline @Plooto @Preim @pwnography6 @Pwntastic @Quamba @Ramstone @rctrucker @Rebelord @RedM00N @RenHoakRex @repo_man @REPUBLICOFGAMER @royalflush5 @RushiMP @RyanRazer @sakae48 @SalisburySteak @Samurai707 @Samurai Batgirl @SavageShy @sayaman22 @scc28 @scubadiver59 @SDriver @SeD669 @SergeantCC4 @Seron @shad0wfax @shelter @shlunky @Shogon @shredded @Simmons572 @simonfredette @SkyFred @smandrews @Sniffer29 @solidshark91493 @solsamurai @Sparhawk @spdaimon @staccker @Starbomba @StealthKatana @SteamSpoon @Sterling7 @stickg1 @stolid @stratocastorNM @strych9 @STW1911 @superericla @SweetAndLow @sweffymo @T0MB0 @taotree @taowulf @TechCrazy @terraprime @Tex1954 @thebest @The Bubbly @theknappkin @themasterpiece1 @ThijsH @thunderkitty91 @tictoc @Tilux @TinDaDragon @tismon @tmontney @Tomus @TooManyToys NotEnoughTime @tpl2000 @tr3v @trumpet-205 @ugotd8 @uniwarking @utparatrooper @Velathawen @Volvo @VoodooKnight @VS88 @Wasseam @Whodie @WillyRay @WiSK @WonderMutt @Wyllliam @Xapoc @xenomorph113 @xer0h0ur @XPD541 @yaodin @yaywafflez @Yey09 @Yuhfhrh @Zantrill @Zzyzx @_TRU_ @____ @|3rutal1ty @bigjdubb @Avacado @Nikado7

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot. To the unknown intruder @Greg121986, this is for you.

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts

·
I can count to potato
812 Posts
In... I need to find someone with equally mediocre PPD that I can start a feud with.

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
In!

Let's see if you can catch me... 😎

[edit]
Uhm, what are those 3 million points updates? That's just not fair... :cry:
I was just testing out the full POWA. Expect some competition this month.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
In, I won't be catching anyone but I will be chasing. Hoping to get my daily up to 13mill

I've got a week to get it all running.

I came really close to buying a 3090, Microcenter had one while I was there today but I could bear the thought of spending $1800 on a 3090 when the 3080ti is right around the corner... even though it will be August before one is in stock

·
User of the PC
2,105 Posts
In, I won't be catching anyone but I will be chasing. Hoping to get my daily up to 13mill

I've got a week to get it all running.

I came really close to buying a 3090, Microcenter had one while I was there today but I could bear the thought of spending $1800 on a 3090 when the 3080ti is right around the corner... even though it will be August before one is in stock
I passed on a 3070 today, guess I'm not ready to buy unless its a 3080.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
I would not have been able to resist a 3070, $1800 generated a second and third thought.

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
I would not have been able to resist a 3070, $1800 generated a second and third thought.
Rather buy 3x2080Ti second hand and fold them, than get a 3090.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
I will be buying some second hand 2080ti's once the price comes down, needs to be somewhere around $600 to make it worth it for me. They are still selling for $800+ on ebay.... It only cost me $650 for my 2080ti a few years ago so there is no way I am going to pay more for one now.

·
Folding Fanatic
1,450 Posts
In, my farm is growing but it looks like I'm still not competitive... maybe once gpu prices come back to earth. Til then I'll keep buying inexpensive 1660s til I run out of pci-e slots.

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
Rather buy 3x2080Ti second hand and fold them, than get a 3090.
For folding yes the 2080ti is the better one to get.
It really depends, if you only want(/can fit) one card and you can get a 3090 it'll outperform the 2080ti(obviously). If you build a farm, 3 2080ti's for the price of one 3090 will be the way to go. Looking at my cards it looks like the 3090 is doing 1.5 times what my 2080ti is doing, power consumption and points. So 3 2080ti's will double the power consumption but also double the points.
I have no regrets though, besides a little hole in my bank account...

In, my farm is growing but it looks like I'm still not competitive... maybe once gpu prices come back to earth. Til then I'll keep buying inexpensive 1660s til I run out of pci-e slots.
You have an impressive farm and an insane amount of points and units on your name, that shows your dedication to folding at home and this forum!
I hope those prices come down for everyone, and some stock would be nice too... I'm also running a 1660ti and a 1650s and I must say that I like those cards :)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts