Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Folding Fanatic
1,450 Posts
Thanks for your kind words! I've been folding since Socket A days, boiler in the house I grew up in had an air bubble in my bedroom so folding started as supplemental heat, then I got hooked :D

·
OC...D
28,044 Posts
Supplemental heat... yeeah, I gotta try that on the wife!

·
Once more into the Fold
2,920 Posts
Im gonna try to remember to sign up for every FAT this year.

IN

In, my farm is growing but it looks like I'm still not competitive... maybe once gpu prices come back to earth. Til then I'll keep buying inexpensive 1660s til I run out of pci-e slots.
What are you getting on the 1660ti and 1660s?

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
I get around 850,000 on my 1660. That's a very rough estimate because I don't look at that machine very often

• Rep+
Reactions: franz

·
Folding Fanatic
1,450 Posts
I get around 850,000 on my 1660. That's a very rough estimate because I don't look at that machine very often
Is that a 1660 regular? I've only ever had 1660s and ti

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
Regular 1660, very regular.... single fan no oc etc..

·
Folding Fanatic
1,450 Posts
Still solid. both of my 1660s and my 1 ti are in the same range give or take. Somehow I haven't managed to find any standard 1660 cards in my area.

My 1660ti is between 1.2 and 1.5 million depending on the units.
The 1650 super is reporting between 700k and 800k ppd
Your 1650S is performing quite a bit better than mine, overclocked? My work RX580 picked up a unit the other day that was showing 1mil ppd, I forgot to pay attention to the details

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
Your 1650S is performing quite a bit better than mine, overclocked?
The 1650 is a Gigabyte GTX1650 super windforce oc. It is running at +100mhz core and no ram oc, with GPU-Z reporting 2010mhz core and 1450mhz(11600) mem.
PPD is anywhere between 700k and 800k, but most of the units are above 750k. Not as much difference between units as the faster cards.
The max powerdraw is 105w with 100% power target(max). With the fan speed at 80% it reaches a maximum of 57°C, in a case with a 2080super.

The 1660ti is an MSI GTX1660ti gaming x. It is running at +100mhz core and +1000mhz mem, with GPU-Z reporting 2085mhz core and 1563mhz(12504) mem.
PPD is anywhere between 1.2 and 1.5 mil but most of the units are between 1.2 and 1.3 mil.
The max powerdraw is 148w with 107% power target(max). With the fan speed at 100% it reaches a maximum of 62°C, in a case with a 2080ti.

My work RX580 picked up a unit the other day that was showing 1mil ppd, I forgot to pay attention to the details
You can always check the logs if you have HFM.Net running.

·
Folding Fanatic
1,450 Posts
That'd be the difference. I've been cautious with my 1660s, 2085 core is more than I figured they'd do stable, I'll have to tinker some while it's still cold out, i'm seeing 1.1-1.6m on my 1660 variants at stock clocks, 1935 avg core.

Unfortunately I havent put as much effort as I should've into HFM, I need to get on that if I ever get caught up with car repairs.

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
That'd be the difference. I've been cautious with my 1660s, 2085 core is more than I figured they'd do stable, I'll have to tinker some while it's still cold out, i'm seeing 1.1-1.6m on my 1660 variants at stock clocks, 1935 avg core.

Unfortunately I havent put as much effort as I should've into HFM, I need to get on that if I ever get caught up with car repairs.
The ti will clock even higher, back when it was the only GPU in a system it did over 160mhz core and 1500mhz mem stable. I just don't like running an oc like that 24/7, and with a 2080ti in the same case now it does get a bit warmer than I prefer.
Those ppd numbers you get on the 1660's are not bad at all, compared to all the usual units I get. The 1.5 mil ones are like 1 in every 25 units or so, and might have to do with the beta client-type (not sure if you use that).

HFM.net is pretty easy Imo, walk through every tab once to see the settings and you'll get it in no time.
With more than one system you'll need to make an exception in the firewall to allow the other systems and add the addresses to the [email protected] advanced control remote connection list. Reboot every system once and you can control everything from every system and log everything.

This is an old one, but being able to log and control all of this from one system/ all of them is pretty nice.

·
Folding Fanatic
1,450 Posts
The ti will clock even higher, back when it was the only GPU in a system it did over 160mhz core and 1500mhz mem stable. I just don't like running an oc like that 24/7, and with a 2080ti in the same case now it does get a bit warmer than I prefer.
Those ppd numbers you get on the 1660's are not bad at all, compared to all the usual units I get. The 1.5 mil ones are like 1 in every 25 units or so, and might have to do with the beta client-type (not sure if you use that).

HFM.net is pretty easy Imo, walk through every tab once to see the settings and you'll get it in no time.
With more than one system you'll need to make an exception in the firewall to allow the other systems and add the addresses to the [email protected] advanced control remote connection list. Reboot every system once and you can control everything from every system and log everything.
I run the advanced flag on all my rigs, there was a time when I ran beta but I stopped for one reason or another. Of course I say something about getting big points on my 1660s and then I look at the machine next to me and it somehow managed to find one that's good for 850k :rolleyes:

I used HFM back in TN when I had a fairly simple home network, I tried to get it going here but my lady's got some complicated dual router business going on that I haven't tried to figure out. Perhaps that will be my weekend job, sort out the network so all the folding rigs are connected to the same router. 2 of my folding machines are at my work, I think there is a way to get HFM working remotely, is that something you've managed to do?

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
I really need to get the HFM thing figured out, it would be great to be able to see what is going on at home while I am at work. All I can do now is look at the 3 hour updates to see if things are still on.

·
Rig Advisor
2,853 Posts
I really need to get the HFM thing figured out, it would be great to be able to see what is going on at home while I am at work. All I can do now is look at the 3 hour updates to see if things are still on.
I do the same thing, the only time my systems stop running the client is if the power fails past my UPS time limit. Either way, nothing I could do about it at work. Couldn't install the HFM client on my work PC anyways (Government Computer)

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
You might need to look into that Android control thing someone was working on a few months ago.... if you have an android device.

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
I run the advanced flag on all my rigs, there was a time when I ran beta but I stopped for one reason or another. Of course I say something about getting big points on my 1660s and then I look at the machine next to me and it somehow managed to find one that's good for 850k :rolleyes:

I used HFM back in TN when I had a fairly simple home network, I tried to get it going here but my lady's got some complicated dual router business going on that I haven't tried to figure out. Perhaps that will be my weekend job, sort out the network so all the folding rigs are connected to the same router. 2 of my folding machines are at my work, I think there is a way to get HFM working remotely, is that something you've managed to do?
There is some risk with beta units, but overall there is a bigger chance to get a unit if there is a shortage afaik.
I've never tried to use HFM outside of my home network. I think it's possible, but I'm not that good with stuff like that.

Either way, nothing I could do about it at work. Couldn't install the HFM client on my work PC anyways (Government Computer)
You might need to look into that Android control thing someone was working on a few months ago.... if you have an android device.
It would be nice if HFM had their own phone app, with options to control the clients outside of the home network.
The Android [email protected] control app works only if it's on the same network as the clients, so that's not an option at work.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot. To the unknown intruder @Greg121986, this is for you.

🤣 So in my haste to get my system running last time, I neglected to realize that my rack is still running 120VAC. So, I am unable to run the system until I move over to a new 208VAC rack. I even tried the AMD Epyc + 2 GPUs and the system is failing due to power supply overload. The base system is 400W without the GPUs! Power supply is only good for 1000W at 120VAC input, and 1600W at 208VAC input. So, I may end up skipping this one. It will be a little while before I can move into the new rack. We are moving the rack to a brand new space as opposed to just bringing in new power so it's going to be a bit of a complication.

Can anyone point me to an updated Linux config manual? I am unable to control what hardware is being used for [email protected] despite editing the config file. It seems to completely ignore the config file and operates on all CPUs and GPUs no matter what I do. I had to physically remove 2 GPUs and I am still over my power limits.

But maybe I can still find some way to fire up a couple GPUs. 😎

·
Rig Advisor
2,853 Posts
🤣 So in my haste to get my system running last time, I neglected to realize that my rack is still running 120VAC. So, I am unable to run the system until I move over to a new 208VAC rack. I even tried the AMD Epyc + 2 GPUs and the system is failing due to power supply overload. The base system is 400W without the GPUs! Power supply is only good for 1000W at 120VAC input, and 1600W at 208VAC input. So, I may end up skipping this one. It will be a little while before I can move into the new rack. We are moving the rack to a brand new space as opposed to just bringing in new power so it's going to be a bit of a complication.

Can anyone point me to an updated Linux config manual? I am unable to control what hardware is being used for [email protected] despite editing the config file. It seems to completely ignore the config file and operates on all CPUs and GPUs no matter what I do. I had to physically remove 2 GPUs and I am still over my power limits.

But maybe I can still find some way to fire up a couple GPUs. 😎

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Getting it running is not really an issue. But controlling it once it is running and manipulating the config does not appear to work at all. It seems their documentation and support under Linux is an afterthought.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
What version of Linux are you using?

There is some risk with beta units, but overall there is a bigger chance to get a unit if there is a shortage afaik.
I've never tried to use HFM outside of my home network. I think it's possible, but I'm not that good with stuff like that.

It would be nice if HFM had their own phone app, with options to control the clients outside of the home network.
The Android [email protected] control app works only if it's on the same network as the clients, so that's not an option at work.
So I could connect all of my machines to my work VPN and possibly make it work?

21 - 40 of 95 Posts