Overclock.net banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
So whats the difference between say, drew630's 1 WU worth 500k, and then banded 1 doing 38 at 700k. What is the actual difference in the WU like what is it doing differently? Is one just a tiny protein and another a huge one?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had a 1060 in the mix and let the 9600k run as well. I get home and see the cpu didn't enjoy life so I've lost the 1060's points all day 😢. Can't believe that little thing can push around 730k. I got it back up and added another card again to hopefully take 7th lol. It's gonna be a miracle with only 17 hours left.

·
I <3 narcissists
7,173 Posts
This. Though your numbers were really good this FaT. Will be excited to get Linux working sometime in the future.
My point difference wasn't just from linux. I finally got the linux machine running which allowed me to get all my cards up and running. I think i am going to split everything up next month and see if i do better. I feel like i was getting more points from my 1080tis and 2070 before i put them in one machine together.

·
Rig Advisor
4,315 Posts
My point difference wasn't just from linux. I finally got the linux machine running which allowed me to get all my cards up and running. I think i am going to split everything up next month and see if i do better. I feel like i was getting more points from my 1080tis and 2070 before i put them in one machine together.
Quite possible, you said your cards were on air, and being close together, I am sure thermals probably played a huge role.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Seems awfully peculiar I add a gpu and yet I'm more behind than ever. Have a feeling the internet went out overnight 😭

61 - 80 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.