Overclock.net banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,781 Posts
You may not have been the only one who found another gear to shift into. Close races this month so everyone is turning on everything.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd believe it if it weren't 3 people at once lol. One interesting thing though, I opened the windows and my place is 50 degrees, I froze all night lol buttt the 2 1080ti's hit 6 million ppd combined. The 1060 almost hit 800k. It's not overclocked, wonder if people who are overclocking them have reached 1 million. Bah. Got a month to turn my reputation around lol.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
Can you feel it @Bastiaan_NL ?? Your loss is IMMINENT!!

·
I <3 narcissists
6,781 Posts
10 million point difference between 2nd and third. I need to add another 5million ppd to be competitive with you two... for now at least.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
10 million point difference between 2nd and third. I need to add another 5million ppd to be competitive with you two... for now at least.
And when you do, I will DEFINATELY need to switch to Linux for the PPD increase.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
@CptAsian When is the last point request for the google doc? Is it right at 12pm CST?

·
I <3 narcissists
6,781 Posts
Well I doubt it will be any time soon because the outlook is not very bright for getting a 30 series. I will not stand in line before a store opens to buy a gpu at msrp, certainly won't do it for an inflated price. Seems too much like taking a shot in the mouth for a fix.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
Well I doubt it will be any time soon because the outlook is not very bright for getting a 30 series. I will not stand in line before a store opens to buy a gpu at msrp, certainly won't do it for an inflated price. Seems too much like taking a shot in the mouth for a fix.
I'm am in 100% agreement with you. That is why I have not got one yet. Refuse to do extra or pay extra for something that costs >1k, that is Ludacris.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
I promise you though, as soon as Ethereum goes to PoS from PoW this year, you will see a **** ton of cards flood the market. Remember this post.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Everyone else this morning:

Me:

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts

·
Fold on!
6,946 Posts
Busy day at work, a lot of catching up to do here..

I'd believe it if it weren't 3 people at once lol. One interesting thing though, I opened the windows and my place is 50 degrees, I froze all night lol buttt the 2 1080ti's hit 6 million ppd combined. The 1060 almost hit 800k. It's not overclocked, wonder if people who are overclocking them have reached 1 million. Bah. Got a month to turn my reputation around lol.
The highest on folding.lar.systems on Windows is 1.3 million and 1.9 million on Linux. This might be from crazy good units that have only been around for a few hours/days. The average ppd on Linux is higher, over 800k is pretty nice.

Can you feel it @Bastiaan_NL ?? Your loss is IMMINENT!!
It has been a pretty tight race!
The 1080ti has been down for 12 hours, so that's at least 1 million points.... :cry:

It's pretty crazy, but next month will be even better :D

And when you do, I will DEFINATELY need to switch to Linux for the PPD increase.
Already working on this, but that's still a lot of work to get 3 systems switched for a Linux noob like me..

·
I <3 narcissists
6,781 Posts
It gets easy once you get the first one done. I spent three days getting it right the first time and I can get it up and running is 30 minutes now. I don't know how to do all the advanced [email protected] setup stuff, but I don't know how to do that on Windows or Linux... that's the next hurdle.

I'm still working on getting a portable version working properly but it's a low priority now because I threw my hands up and got 128gb ssds for linux installs.

It's looking like it will come down to who gets the last WU turned in, between BOB850123 and I.
Forgot about the time zone, it was already over.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
I don't know how to do all the advanced [email protected] setup stuff, but I don't know how to do that on Windows or Linux... that's the next hurdle.
That is some of the most important stuff. Pause on start, advanced/Beta units, DL percentage.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
GG all. Very close races and a lot of arch rivals born out of this one month!

·
I <3 narcissists
6,781 Posts
Only 46,000 points between Bob and I, glad I added that cpu slot.

·
I can count to potato
836 Posts
GG everybody... Next month I'm gonna try more folding and less video games to put down at least 10 mil.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts