Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a problem on my hands. about two weeks ago I noticed that some web sites stared to give me java errors. So I tried to dl a newer version than what I had. But everytime I tried to install it I get a corupt file error and so it doesn't install. Then last night I opened up some ports on my router and the problem was gone!! I was sooo happy
But when I got up this morning my comp was running really slow so I restarted and now I get the stupid java errors again. Could it be cuz I need a better version than v3 that comes with xp? or is it because I don't have the right ports opened? right now I am only letting through ports 6881-6889 on my router. I am guessing that all the others are closed. I hope I can get this problem fix soon. Thanks

~STRIDER~

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by STRIDER

Hey all. I have a problem on my hands. about two weeks ago I noticed that some web sites stared to give me java errors. So I tried to dl a newer version than what I had. But everytime I tried to install it I get a corupt file error and so it doesn't install. Then last night I opened up some ports on my router and the problem was gone!! I was sooo happy
But when I got up this morning my comp was running really slow so I restarted and now I get the stupid java errors again. Could it be cuz I need a better version than v3 that comes with xp? or is it because I don't have the right ports opened? right now I am only letting through ports 6881-6889 on my router. I am guessing that all the others are closed. I hope I can get this problem fix soon. Thanks

~STRIDER~

The ports that you have blocked on your computer are for a reason, if the java program is trying to access those port then it may be trying to perform a malicious action.

I would look for a new version of Java and leave the ports in a secure state.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts