·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn't think we had this already!

·
Registered
662 Posts
They may not high bin the Founder's Edition, but I guarantee they cherry picked which cards they give to this "press".

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
I still prefer to say "reference card", founder's card....really ?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Now that Nvidia's clarified a couple points, the founders edition card seems like a sacrificial lamb.

What I mean by this is basically the founders edition's pricing is just overpriced to make board partner cards look good. The reference edition is likely to stay in review charts, and as partner cards launch and with no competition from AMD for the next 7 months, they don't have a reference point to really compare themselves too.

I guess now they do with an overpriced 699 founders edition. And when none reference editions come out 10% faster, all of a sudden these board partner cards look fantastic in comparison. Weird marketing for sure but it kind of makes sense.

·
PC Evangelist
46,933 Posts
The Press and Youtube gets this card for Review. Are they going to say 1080 cost $599? Clearly they are reviewing a $699 card.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

The Press and Youtube gets this card for Review. Are they going to say 1080 cost $599? Clearly they are reviewing a $699 card.
Yep its 699USD card

·
I <3 narcissists
6,486 Posts
This may also be a very elaborate way of avoiding the fact that GDDR5x may be a little short on supply. Launch your cards with reference available from the start but charge $100 more for it to keep a majority of people waiting for AIB's to launch their cards. This way they get to launch early and not fill the demand for the cards until later, instead of us waiting on back ordered supply we are waiting on AIB's to launch their third party cards.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
The whole point with pricing it at $699 is to not compete with their partners too much. Let them sell for cheaper.
Nvidia call it "Founders Edition" to mask the fact that its just "Reference" and hope to sell more this way.

I think you people are making this to more than it really is
smile.gif

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

smile.gif
^ This.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Quote:

The whole point with pricing it at $699 is to not compete with their partners too much. Let them sell for cheaper.
Nvidia call it "Founders Edition" to mask the fact that its just "Reference" and hope to sell more this way.

smile.gif
you can already see from peoples post that they salty, salty and dry.

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
Founders Edition Explained:

• Rep+
Reactions: Butthurt Beluga

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
sucks because I love the design and wish I could SLI them... I always love the reference design. Sorry pardon my French. I always love the "Founder's edition" design..

·
PC Evangelist
46,933 Posts
This is like AMD releasing 290X with AIO like Fury X for $650. Sent that for Review. Telling people that MSRP is $550.

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
the thing i like about reference design is the blower type cooler, yes it's noisy but the hot air is not evacuated into your case.I would love to see a silent and efficient blower type cooler from the brands. Also "founder's edition" means "hey, this is Nvidia who engineered the card, the other brand are only licensed to put their stuff in OUR card", ok, take it easy Nvidia !
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hell yes! Founders Edition = Reference.

Reference used to be cheapest is now most expensive.

Wut?

Yes!

All you gamers pop your cherry like this
Shake your body, don't stop, don't miss
All you gamers pop your cherry like this
Shake your body, don't stop, don't miss
Just do it, do it, do it, do it, do it now
Buy it good buy this loud AF shizzle, just like you should
Right now, Buy it good
Buy this loud AF shizzle, just like you should

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Quote:

smile.gif
In all common sense, do u think AIBs will sell their superior, quieter and probably faster and more OC friendly cards for cheaper? or MORE expensive than the reference design?

What do u think would be more logical for them to do?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts