Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wolfy has at the 750w version of the TXv2, and in a shock move, changes his scoring!

Quote:

Now we come to the scoring. I confess that it's been a long time since I fiddled with the way I score these things. For a long time now, I've wanted a separate section just for build quality, and I've gotten quite tired of coming up with scores for how I think these things look. So, I'm doing something different today - replacing the aesthetics score with a far more useful build quality score. I am assigning more weight to this part of the score than the aesthetics score had, because build quality is a fair bit more important. So, let's come up with some scores and see where this goes.

Source

· Premium Member
18,739 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by juhansoo12
View Post

What about the TX650 V2?

I've got one, which will be reviewed once I replace my crappy screwdriver, which lost its tip when I tried to open it up this weekend. Yay for crappy soft-iron Chinese-made tools.

I'm buying a Snap-On this time.

Oh, also, there is such a thing as too much threadlocker.

· Registered
3,846 Posts
The Mediocre:
  • too many people have no idea who Young MC is, apart from that one overplayed song

· Registered
399 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by juhansoo12
View Post

What about the TX650 V2?

I don't have one

Quote:

Originally Posted by pLuhhmm
View Post

• too many people have no idea who Young MC is, apart from that one overplayed song

I just bought the only copy of Engage the Enzyme I could find on eBay

· Premium Member
7,325 Posts
Good review. I just wished the yellow color scheme was something else. It could confuse ppl thinking it had the golden 80 plus rating.

· Premium Member
18,739 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalsa2
View Post

Phaedrus dont buy snap on

Why not? I don't know much about tools, but Snap-on seems to have a good rep. My engineer buddy gives them the thumbs up.

· Registered
554 Posts
Well, they are good tools, but its exactly like buying Beats by Dre.
Way overpriced for the quality.

My brother is a heavy duty engineer for finning and he blew 8 grand on a tool set that he hates to this day, their tools break easy for what they are. (Then again hes broken several wrenches in a fit of anger)

If I were you id buy some higher end stuff from smaller manufacturers, even high end mastercraft is comparable.

Thats just an opinion though.

· Premium Member
18,739 Posts
Well basically all I need is a decent #1 Phillips head screwdriver that'll last more than two years, for less than $20.

· Registered
554 Posts
Oh, im sorry I misunderstood, I thought you wanted a full fledged set... whew boy my bad!

Yeah go for it, they have good warranty service it ever breaks. Go for it.

· Registered
4,697 Posts
you could get a Stanley. have 2 of their screwdrivers and they work pretty good. i was even able to magnetize them by aligning them next to a hard-drive magnet (neodymium)

· Premium Member
18,739 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis158
View Post

you could get a Stanley. have 2 of their screwdrivers and they work pretty good. i was even able to magnetize them by aligning them next to a hard-drive magnet (neodymium)

Neat idea, think an old speaker magnet would work?

· Registered
919 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129
View Post

Well basically all I need is a decent #1 Phillips head screwdriver that'll last more than two years, for less than $20.

Craftsman =] Best tools at the best prices_ Aside from messing with computers, I am an automotive tech, graduated right out of UTi, I love snap on tools but when it really comes down to it I must say that Craftsman and SnapOn are the top dogs in the tools world_

Craftsman is number one in my books due to its great prices, Snap-On<-- well thats like buying an Alienware desktop_ Good name too expensive for its worth =] Haha.

Sorry I couldn't help but to input something lol_

· Laptop Enthusiast
10,011 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by decimate
View Post

Nice PSU discussion going on here

Was thinking the same thing. ^^

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.