Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my new C2D rig I joined the dark intel side.

The voltages are totally different than my old Athlon 2500+. How high is safe? I have a tuniq on it now and soon I'm getting custom watercooling (with a stinger V6
) so temps are and will be fine.

What is a safe temp?

I already overclocked the CPU to 2.8GHz stable with no voltage increases. I can't get my video card drivers to work (Help here), so I can't do much.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen-Liquid
View Post

I feels great, right?

lol The speed feels great for sure. I really love how easy it is to overclock with this mobo and how well the CPU overclocks. I couldn't get my 2500+ over 2.2GHz (the mobo was bad for overclocking also).

The best part was installing some drivers while doing other stuff and not having any lag at all. I haven't been able to get into a game to really see the difference yet unfortunately.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
The Tuniq Tower 120 should be more than enough for the E6300, even at 3.0gzh. So don't spend any more on cooling.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a free Stinger V6 (the giveaway in the watercooling section) so thats about half the cost already.

The tuniq is enough for sure, but it would sure be a waste to get the stinger and not use it. lol

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I personally wouldn't go above 1.5v for 24/7.

The Tuniq is a great cooler though, I'm at 3.6ghz with 1.38v and it never exceeds 42-43 load........plenty of headroom for more ghz's

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its definately a great cooler. I'm idling in the 20's (didn't do that when I had a big fan blowing into the computer).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts