Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Greetings, readers. It is another fine day here in the jonnyGURU.com labs, which look suspiciously like a basement with bad carpeting, and I have something special for you today. That's right, today I am going somewhere I haven't gone before. No, I'm not talking about the shower. I'm talking about load testing something huge, something at the very limits of what the lab gear is capable of. Today's review is of the Silverstone Strider 1500 watt unit.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=175

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
4.2kg of woah.
if this keeps up we'll need a reinforcing bracket for our PSUs

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
"Four PCI-E 8pin, eight PCI-E 6pin, and 12 SATA connectors support"

how many brown m and m's does it take to power a brandy glass? lol

seriously overkill for me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Given how the unit performed, pulling that 120A peak rating out of it shouldn't pose that much of a problem. It could be they rated it the way they did to pass UL requirements.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
That is a beast of a PSU. Is it really certified for true quad-SLI or Crossfire? Makes me wonder if it can be used with EVGA's P55 4-way SLI board.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
Only 10 pcie 6pin, they should of added 2 more !!

why didn't they just use 1 6 pin and one 8 pin plug???

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
On the quad-sli 285's the third 6-pin plug on each card is optional, so this PSU would work fine on that set-up.

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
On the quad-sli 285's the third 6-pin plug on each card is optional, so this PSU would work fine on that set-up.
This.

The third 6 pin is optional and would be utilized if you had a case with 2 psu. It's just there for proper power management just like the eVga Classified board has two 8 pin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts