Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Rare has confirmed that Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts' unclear text on standard definition televisions will not be fixed. The issue came to light following the release of the demo last week and now Rare states that the issue is "too expensive in terms of time, resources and money to alter."

SDTV haters aside, let's accept the fact that this is a serious oversight on par with Dead Rising's tiny text. Adding insult to injury, CVG points out that Xbox Live Arcade games must be playable, which includes text being readable, on a 14" SDTV. Too bad Microsoft doesn't seem to hold its first-party retail games to that strict standard.

Source

That's just stupid. Now, you can play the game without text but what the hell would the point of that be if you're doing random things without knowing.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
That does seem pretty stupid. Though I wonder if its just smaller TV's that have the problem or all of them.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Doesn't seem bad to me... HDTVs are pretty cheap now.

PS3 and 360 are designed for 720p and 1080p... Alot of games have issues with 480p.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
View Post

Doesn't seem bad to me... HDTVs are pretty cheap now.

PS3 and 360 are designed for 720p and 1080p... Alot of games have issues with 480p.

sometimes an HDTV isn't an option though. For example, when I go on vacation - normally I bring a console or something for me to do depending on where I go. For the summer I go to the NJ Shore and I end up being bored alot. So, I revert to video games as usual. Seeing I can't bring down my PC - and the only TV in the rental house is a medium sized SDTV, I shouldn't have a problem.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

sometimes an HDTV isn't an option though. For example, when I go on vacation - normally I bring a console or something for me to do depending on where I go. For the summer I go to the NJ Shore and I end up being bored alot. So, I revert to video games as usual. Seeing I can't bring down my PC - and the only TV in the rental house is a medium sized SDTV, I shouldn't have a problem.

Vacation is usually a time to get away from the PC/console but I guess I see your point.

This is going to happen with games made for HD, and I have to say, too bad. I remember playing Ratchet and Clank:Future before I got my own PS3, on a 25" SDTV and not being able to read text or even the map. Too bad, but I'd rather see them focus on making the game look great on HD panels first.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

Vacation is usually a time to get away from the PC/console but I guess I see your point.

I agree but, there are times where you're not doing anything at all. And the best thing to do is play games or surf the net. Especially when you're on vacation for a month at the same place you go twice a year.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

I agree but, there are times where you're not doing anything at all. And the best thing to do is play games or surf the net. Especially when you're on vacation for a month at the same place you go twice a year.

That's me. I've seen it all just wanted to get away. Oh god a rainy day what do i do oh yeah i brought my console weee.

Luckly all the hotels i go to have upgraded to HDTV's

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

This is going to happen with games made for HD, and I have to say, too bad. I remember playing Ratchet and Clank:Future before I got my own PS3, on a 25" SDTV and not being able to read text or even the map. Too bad, but I'd rather see them focus on making the game look great on HD panels first.

pshhh that's not a vacation.

A vacation is getting to use my PC and play games in Hawaii or in some fancy resort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts