Overclock.net banner

[Joystiq]Batman Arkham Asylum Trailer

989 Views 24 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  venom55520
Quote:


We don't know what it is about Mark Hamill's brilliant portrayal of the Joker that does it, but we're shaken to our core each and every time we hear him. And this latest trailer for Batman: Arkham Asylum starts off with a great Joker narration, but it doesn't stop there. Adding to Joker's dialogue is plenty of Batman-kicking-ass action. Watch the world's greatest detective employ his powers of stealth, as well as his powers of wealth through the use of his high-tech gadgetry. This trailer is set to air tonight on MTV, but thankfully Totilo posted it early for everyone to drool over, so check it out after the break while we run out to the store for a new keyboard.

Source and Trailer
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Am I the only one excited for this? I will get it on 360 vs PC though.

pink
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
View Post

Am I the only one excited for this? I will get it on 360 vs PC though.

pink

no psyched

omg, doesn't this remind you of metal gear a little?
See less See more
Oh, I had no idea this was coming out.

The joker didn't sound anything like Mark Hamill though. Love how he went from starring in the biggest sci-fi blockbusters of all time to doing voices in video games!

Anyone notice that there seemed to be excellent attention to lighting and shadows, but during actual gameplay, the people still moved kinda stick-ish?

Looks interesting. Doubt I'll play it, but I can share in the enthusiasm.
You're mine...
Quote:


Originally Posted by guyladouche
View Post

Oh, I had no idea this was coming out.

The joker didn't sound anything like Mark Hamill though. Love how he went from starring in the biggest sci-fi blockbusters of all time to doing voices in video games!

Anyone notice that there seemed to be excellent attention to lighting and shadows, but during actual gameplay, the people still moved kinda stick-ish?

Looks interesting. Doubt I'll play it, but I can share in the enthusiasm.

He also did the voice in the Animated Series.
See less See more
Hot damn.
Wow. I'm not a huge batman fan but this definately looks promising.
Well this sounds awesome. Now if only i could watch the video...

*Not a resident of the United States :s
It let me watch it and it was goood...real good.
Quote:


Originally Posted by boydyboyd
View Post

Well this sounds awesome. Now if only i could watch the video...

*Not a resident of the United States :s

Tell me about it .....
See less See more
He did all the voices of Joker in the various animated shows. he also did the voice of, was it Hotshot or Maverick? in the Wing Commander cartoon. BTW, the laugh, is TOTALLY him, not some computer generation. Now, imagine Luke Skywalker staring down Darth Vader and doing the joker laugh
See less See more
Quote:


Originally Posted by Humanfactor
View Post

That looks alot like the unreal 3 engine.....

WHY!!??!?!? WHY THAT ENGINE!??!?!
Everything looks like it's covered in vaseline.... o.0

Seconded.
See less See more
Cannot wait. I loved the last Batman movie. (Although i despised the first.)
Quote:
Gameplay places just as much focus on Batman's role as a detective as his combat prowess. Most of the game is played through an over-the-shoulder, third person perspective, similar to that of Resident Evil 4.[3] It has been hinted that certain villains might be playable at some point in the game although this may be as an unlockable element after completing the game.

Quote:
The game will be based on the 70-year Batman series as a whole rather than being tied to any particular adaptation, and it is said to run on Epic Games Unreal Engine 3.
Hooray for gameplay, boo for Unreal 3 Engine.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top