Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Kaos Studios' Homefront envisions a hypothetical future in 2027, when the US is in the grips of an invasion by a unified Korea. The multiplayer component takes place during the first days of the conflict, two years earlier, in 2025. Unlike the single-player campaign's guerrilla-based combat, the multiplayer represents large-scale war. There are helicopters, tanks, drones and plenty of other expensive futuristic technology to play with.

Been there, done that. But Kaos has something extra up its sleeve: Battle Points. It's in-game currency that allows players to call in vehicles, resupply themselves with ammunition and deploy special attack and reconnaissance drones -- and it's entirely score-based, so you don't have to be The Terminator to actually affect what's going on in a given match.

SOURCE

shame on you kaos. 32 players............................

I am cautiously excited about this game. Fuels of war was a good first attempt, but the lack of iron sights killed that game for me.

Battle points sound interesting. Better than kill/point streaks of mw2/moh, and better than commander assets in bf2, and better than unlimited callins of bc2.

·
Null
6,330 Posts
I know that SK is all like, "oh if we unite raw materials of NK and industry of SK we will be the new super power" but lol...invading the US. These games man...

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timAHH View Post
Look towards the end of the video. Dosen't look like there will be a PC version.
It's already on steam. Not allowed to pre purchase but it's on there.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalcrack View Post
I still play regularly. If you catch it at the right time, the 2-3 servers still running it are full.
Respect Kaos, real battlefield programmers.

·
3DFX User
7,279 Posts
Been excited since I found the trailer on steam awhile back. Looks sweet!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
is it just me or do you feel this game could be dominated by people quick scoping with a m95?

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxicAdam
View Post

Fuels of War was battlefield to be honest. Great game.

I really enjoyed Fuels of War. Sadly it had some really bad jerkiness going on when flying....I still loved it though.

I feel like the game should have been much successful than it was. I mean using those RC cars and choppers was a blast in the urban map with skyscrapers....can't remember it's name.

I always felt like FFOW took off where Desert Combat left off (makes sense, considering they were the guys involved). I just may go ahead and reinstall it if there are any players on servers....

Looks like there is one server with 16 people playing on Solar Farm. That map was great.
http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=ffow

Also LOL @ unified Korea invading us. That would be rich.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by binormalkilla
View Post

I really enjoyed Fuels of War. Sadly it had some really bad jerkiness going on when flying....I still loved it though.

I feel like the game should have been much successful than it was. I mean using those RC cars and choppers was a blast in the urban map with skyscrapers....can't remember it's name.

yep, stuff you see in upcoming FPSs Fuels of War already done it. A lot of people missed out on great game because EA/Activision name wasn't on the cover.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Korea invading the USA? I don't see it happening... Almost as silly as the Russians invading the USA in MW2...

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek
View Post

Korea invading the USA? I don't see it happening... Almost as silly as the Russians invading the USA in MW2...

We have been pretty much holding SK's hand for the last 50 years.

Anyways, that settles it, I'm FFOW tomorrow. Too tired to play tonight.

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
This looks pretty sweat.

I'll be watching for more reviews/previews.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Actually if you read up on it, the US was in the midst of a major depression and major internal unrest. That is how the Koreans were able to invade. We had slashed are forces to nothing and were unable to defend ourselves due to internal unrest. So it is plausible, just not likely.
Oh forgot about the EMP blast. Yea that could smart.

Interesting looking game.

Oh coming out February 22, 2011. Hmmm.

Steam has a great video on their page.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/55100/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts