Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 listing on British retailer ShopTo's site give the indication that Akuma will be featured among the Capcom roster in the game. As far as early accidental reveals go, this one's pretty clear, with very official character art (and even a helpful "Akuma" label). We know: huge surprise that Akuma would appear in a Capcom fighting game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/13/ma...g-shows-akuma/

Capcom's roster list for this game is the worst kept secret ever lol They're competing with Sony and their leaks at this point.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowtek
View Post

Yeah... Missing megaman and strider. I sure hope they bring em in...

Im here...HAHA!!!

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Megaman is in. That's a no brainer. Why they waited so long until now is beyond me to announce him.

The question is: which megaman? Old school, X, or Legends? I do hope it's Legends. It would make sense.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
instead of making his super that huge Megaman X, they should make him normal sized Megaman X but more powerful. If they make characters DLC though and charge for them, I am boycotting this game. No way will I pay for characters as DLC in a fighting game. That goes against the entire history of fighting games.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob
View Post

instead of making his super that huge Megaman X, they should make him normal sized Megaman X but more powerful. If they make characters DLC though and charge for them, I am boycotting this game. No way will I pay for characters as DLC in a fighting game. That goes against the entire history of fighting games.

You're behind then as that has already been announced

Jill and Shuma Gorath will be available a month after the launch as DLC characters. The special editions come with download code vouchers.

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Akuma is awesome.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

You're behind then as that has already been announced

Jill and Shuma Gorath will be available a month after the launch as DLC characters. The special editions come with download code vouchers.

Sad to hear, because I loved MVC2. Screw you Crapcom and screw your pathetic milking of former franchises. I hope you go bankrupt and the CEO gets skinned alive and dangled over a shark infested pool for ruining many legendary titles.

·
Registered
197 Posts
DLC is better than a slightly different version of the game with a couple more characters coming out every year.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I can understand why people are upset about DLC, but you know, times change. This is just how the market is developing, because consumers have shown with their wallets that DLC is a viable marketing option. You can either continue moping about it or you can enjoy yourself.

/Galidan

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rynoel
View Post

DLC is better than a slightly different version of the game with a couple more characters coming out every year.

You probably haven't played fighting games competitively. Even when you add characters for free, you completely change the balance of the game. Also, with fighting games, charging for characters is just pointless milking. This is NOT the purpose for DLC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galidan
View Post

I can understand why people are upset about DLC, but you know, times change. This is just how the market is developing, because consumers have shown with their wallets that DLC is a viable marketing option. You can either continue moping about it or you can enjoy yourself.

/Galidan

If you want to continue bending over for companies to continue raping you until you cough up every bit of your hard earned money, feel free. Also, I am not whining, I am making a financial choice NOT to buy their product. This is my right as a consumer. Hopefully, one day when the rest of the gamers out there grow a pair, we MAY start seeing changes.

• Rep+
Reactions: Poisoner and Psyren

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Quote:

If you want to continue bending over for companies to continue raping you until you cough up every bit of your hard earned money, feel free. Also, I am not whining, I am making a financial choice NOT to buy their product. This is my right as a consumer. Hopefully, one day when the rest of the gamers out there grow a pair, we MAY start seeing changes.

Given DLC isn't that alot for characters, I'm only losing about an hour of work for maybe 3-7 characters depending on price. And it there is time before a new DLC set is release.

If you got a job, then it really isn't a problem.

If gamers still complain about being expensive then it really is their own personal problem since you had enough money to buy the game in the first place.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Well yeah of course he has to be in it, he 'was' in the first one (Ryu tansformation)

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Versa
View Post

Given DLC isn't that alot for characters, I'm only losing about an hour of work for maybe 3-7 characters depending on price. And it there is time before a new DLC set is release.

If you got a job, then it really isn't a problem.

If gamers still complain about being expensive then it really is their own personal problem since you had enough money to buy the game in the first place.

Way to assume a lot of things. I have a job and it pays well, probably more than most on this forum. DLC works for some games/genres, but it does not work for fighting games. Fighting games are great competitively, because everyone has an equal starting point. This creates a sense of fairness and balance. Introducing additional characters, especially at a cost, completely disrupts that balance and ruins competitive gaming. Charged DLC for characters in a fighting game is also absolutely ******ed. It may be a few dollars now, but what about the future when Capcom becomes emboldened and charges even more for less. This is what they have been doing in recent history and then QQ about why people pirate their games. It is not about money, but rather the principle of it. I can afford the game and easily whatever DLC they throw out. Does that mean I will waste my money on such an obvious and piss poor attempt to milk a great franchise dry? Absolutely not. Go ahead and bend over and continue to cough up money to them. I will keep my wallet closed to them and spend it on things that are more enjoyable and right for a gamer.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Well Zero and Tronn Bonne is in it. If they don't include megaman... I'll be pretty sad lol. I was thinking the megaman legends version since they're in development for the next megaman legends title. God bless his rocket launcher attachments. But I'm thinking they're intending for Zero to be a Strider replacement. I sure hope not. I'm suspecting they're going to make Strider a DLC also,since they know people want him. Same with Sentinel, and all of those other people with infinity combos from MVC2. Well, another person I hope they include is Sinister from X-men. God that would be insane!

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
I hated Tron Bonne in MVC2. She is so annoying for a mid tier player, especially with her assist. Her rings can make any low tier team into a moderately scary one. Magneto, Storm, Tron? Almost as bad as MSP.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel both sides about the DLC thing. On one side I feel the others because yes times are changing and I guess it won't cost that much to upgrade and add additional players. On the other hand I do feel kinda swindled by them only giving so many and then giving a DLC pack especially on fighting games. It feels crazy and not everyone is going to do so if you play online some of the best players may not be playing with you because they opted out on buying the additional characters.

It only feels kinda right on games like COD and a lot of players are just getting hip to it on consoles as opposed to pc players who are use to expansion packs and upgrades. But oh well.......I wish Strider/Jin were sill in it. With those 2 my 3rd person was a bonus I felt I could take out almost any team.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts