Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Curious about the current state of PlanetSide 2? TotalBiscuit recently traveled to Sony Online Entertainment's San Diego headquarters for some hands-on time with the upcoming MMOFPS. What he saw was pretty impressive (we know this because we saw it too, thanks to his video, which we've embedded after the break).

Source

This game will be F2P by the way.

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
I don't really care for TotalBiscuit, so I muted the video. Regardless, it looks stellar at night, hope day gameplay is good as well. Can't wait to eventually give it a try.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hud looks just like Crysis

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks awesome! Ive never heard of planetside but Im really liking the concept. Looking forward to trying it out.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by (MAB) View Post

Looks awesome! Ive never heard of planetside but Im really liking the concept. Looking forward to trying it out.
thumb.gif
It is an MMOFPS. Think a persistent futuristic battlefield world with experience points, leveling up, 3 factions, and territory. The original Planetside was released almost 10 years ago.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I still play Planetside 1 on a daily basis, so I've been following PS2's progress since Matt Higby announced it last year. Was hyped before, but its not a real conceptual successor to the original, though vehicle gameplay is looking ok. Obviously the graphic quality rocks as well, but I'm more into highly tactical and coordinated infantry combat, than what they're implementing; CoD style each on their own rampages...

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is an old video from 2 months ago showing more vehicle & infantry combat:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't wait, I missed the original Planetside as I was playing Unreal 2k4. Need to get a new system before it comes out for sure.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Looks awesome.
thumb.gif

The only thing I'm worried about it aimbots, especially being F2P.

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post

Looks awesome.
thumb.gif

The only thing I'm worried about it aimbots, especially being F2P.
Oh man.... I've never played an MMO but, wouldn't there be servers you could stick to or avoid? Does the system work like that?

That night footage looks pretty cool. This game could give me a reason to stop raging at BF3.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Another angry bf3 player here. This game looks even better than I thought it would. Wait, it looks GREAT. Now adding this game to my high expectations list.
biggrin.gif

Edit: I notice that this seems to have grabbed the attention of a good number of previous bf players now.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
I'm getting this. I am surprised by the sheer amount of "2's" I'm getting this year. and I generally don't care for sequels outside of a few beloved series.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts