Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

You're sure going to see a lot of green arrows in the chart below. However, don't be fooled -- while sales have gone up from last month, overall sales are down from 2008. In fact, total industry sales dropped 31% year-over-year to a measly $1.17 billion.

-DS: 766K132K (+20%)
-Wii: 361K71K (+24%)
-Xbox 360: 240K65K (+37%)
-PS3: 165K34K (+26%)
-PSP: 164K64K (+64%)
-PS2: 153K36K (+31%)

Check out the software sales chart after the break.

1. Prototype - Xbox 360 - Activision Blizzard - 419.9K
2. UFC 2009: Undisputed - Xbox 360 - THQ - 338.3K
3. EA Sports Active Bundle - Wii - Electronic Arts - 289.1K
4. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10* - Wii - Electronic Arts - 272.4K
5. Wii Fit - Wii - Nintendo of America - 271.6K
6. Fight Night Round 4 - Xbox 360 - Electronic Arts - 260.8K
7. Fight Night Round 4 - PS3 - Electronic Arts - 210.3K
8. Mario Kart Wii - Wii - Nintendo of America - 202.1K
9. Red Faction: Guerrilla - Xbox 360 - THQ - 199.4K
10. inFamous - PS3 - Sony - 192.7K

The superhero battles end with Prototype the clear winner, the Xbox 360 version taking the top spot across all formats this month. Interestingly, the PS3 version didn't make the top 10 at all; the PS3-exclusive inFamous squeaked in at number 10 on the charts. (Note: inFamous sold 176K copies in May.)

From the top 10, it's clear that Electronics Arts has been doing very well, especially with its new focus on Nintendo titles. However, the company must be sore about missing out on UFC. Two months in, and THQ's MMA game holds second place in a chokehold. Impressive!

One final thing to note: one of the mainstays of the charts has mysteriously vanished off the Top 10. Yes, Wii Play has finally been thwarted, having stayed on the charts for a whopping 29 months. That must be a record of some sort, right? Perhaps everyone and their moms finally have that extra Wii Remote?

source

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I got prototype for the PC it's not a bad game at all. But I don't think I would pay a $60 price tag for it maybe like 40-50 but def not $60+.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
9,204 Posts
good info.. looks like the xbox is selling more on non ps3 exclusive games.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Dang, they raped the charts. Not really surprising as most other games on that chart are sequels or remakes. That picture is kinda creepy. I don't understand it which makes it confusing and creepy..

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
What surprises me is that Mario Kart Wii released a year ago is still on that list. OMG the wii is still on fire. Come on Nintendo use that money you are making profit on to make better games for your Wii.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift0r
View Post

Dang, they raped the charts. Not really surprising as most other games on that chart are sequels or remakes. That picture is kinda creepy. I don't understand it which makes it confusing and creepy..

Go watch the Zero Punctuation review, you'll get it.
It's made by the inFamous dev team, though.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh View Post
prototype = 3rd person = poo-poo :turd:
I guess GTA II and III are :turd
oo-poo aswell?

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hal515 View Post
I guess GTA II and III are :turd
oo-poo aswell?
Yes, I hate all 3rd-person games with an equally burning passion.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh
View Post

Yes, I hate all 3rd-person games with an equally burning passion.

Do you have any rational, intelligent reason for this passionate hate?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronman
View Post

Do you have any rational, intelligent reason for this passionate hate?

Does rational for hate exist?

Besides, different strokes for different folks.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HowHardCanItBe View Post
Including splinter cell?

Yes, splinter cell and MGS series as well. Great games, hate 3rd person.

That doesn't mean I haven't played them, nor does it mean that I didn't enjoy them... but I still hated every minute of it.

I've been FPS gaming since wolfenstein 3d first started being distributed as shareware on 3.5" floppy, and have been a FPS puritan ever since. I know there have been some amazing games done in 3rd person, but that doesn't make me hate them any less.

I just can't stand it. FPS is about immersion... YOU are the character. In 3rd person, you are just the guy controlling some schmuck other than yourself on the screen. That kills the immersion for me. It changes gaming from a being an alternate reality that you join, to being nothing but pretty pictures on the screen that you happen to be controlling.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I enjoyed Prototype - although not on a console. There's nothing like running around Manhattan County ripping people apart and destroying tanks with impunity.

I want more.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Prototype blows big chunks. Horrid game. Regardless if you like 3rd person games or not.

A modern, bland, stupid-as-hell, and just as repetitive version of Assasin's Creed.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

Prototype blows big chunks. Horrid game. Regardless if you like 3rd person games or not.

A modern, bland, stupid-as-hell, and just as repetitive version of Assasin's Creed.

Sales numbers says otherwise my friend.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malachor
View Post

Sales numbers says otherwise my friend.

The sales numbers make me scared for the future of gaming.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh
View Post

The sales numbers make me scared for the future of gaming.

I'll be honest, Prototype is one of those games that the gaming and PC gaming needed. You can have a ton of fun destroying crap without a million different ways without being too repetitive.
I mean who doesn't want to elbow a tank?

Everyone has their own taste in what they like and dislike so I really can't push in a argument to change your minds.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts