Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

That's right, Xbox 360 owners. Speaking to MTV Multiplayer, Sony Pictures has insisted that its collection of films hasn't been yanked from the Netflix streaming list just to spite you and your whirring, off-white system. "This issue is not specific to Xbox or any other individual platform," said a Sony Pictures spokesperson. As reflected in Netflix's comments on the sans-Sony situation, it's all just a matter of licensing. "Sony Pictures is currently in discussions with the relevant parties to resolve certain licensing matters related to the distribution of its motion pictures. Given the ongoing nature of these discussions, we don't think it is appropriate to comment further at this time."

Sorry, conspiracy theorists. It seems a big film company actually does want you to watch its wares, regardless of your platform of choice. Well, as long as it's not a telephone. Get real!

Source

All you guys can calm the hell down now.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

Source

All you guys can calm the hell down now.

Why because they have someone as good at spin as Tony Snow was??? lol

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Not sure i understand fully. Is it going to be including the Wii too? Or is there no difference, and games for 360 will be a go?

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by wierdo124 View Post
Not sure i understand fully. Is it going to be including the Wii too? Or is there no difference, and games for 360 will be a go?
The 360's version of Netflix did not have Columbia Pictures (one of Sony's movie branches) and people thought that Sony was refusing to have the movies on the 360. So everyone was hating and flaming Sony. Meanwhile, its simply a licensing thing that just hasn't been completed.

And if MS were to do such a similar thing or something - people wouldn't have been throwing fits like people were with this.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Quote:

View Post

The 360's version of Netflix did not have Columbia Pictures (one of Sony's movie branches) and people thought that Sony was refusing to have the movies on the 360. So everyone was hating and flaming Sony. Meanwhile, its simply a licensing thing that just hasn't been completed.

And if MS were to do such a similar thing or something - people wouldn't have been throwing fits like people were with this.

If MS do so much as fart people flame the crap out of them (literally? lol)
I quite honestly don't agree with you.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I understand the licensing issues, but it was very convenient that the movies were pulled in the week surrounding a huge release like the NXE. Which will still lead many to believe it was planned.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xombie
View Post

Wow I thought you posted this because you wanted to set the record straight and supported the Xbox. But, no, it's to clear Sony's name. Typical tbh.

They are supporting the Xbox - if the licensing passes.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
This doesn't let them off the hook, what about the fact that the Sony movies are still available on any other netflix venue except the 360? So we just take their word for it that it's not 360 specific despite the fact that only 360 has been affected?

·
Banned
1,948 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Not to mention at the same time some Sony Pictures films were still avalaible

Sometimes fanboys won't look any further than their nose.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DetonatorLoki View Post
If MS do so much as fart people flame the crap out of them (literally? lol)
I quite honestly don't agree with you.
You're right - but not as much. I can't tell you how many forums were filled with flames meanwhile nothing was concrete. Now they look like idiots.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts