Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Square Enix Europe announced this morning that it has entered into a "strategic partnership" with Gas Powered Games to release Supreme Commander 2. Squeenix states that its affiliation with the House of Chris Taylor is part of the publisher's "goal of increasing western development efforts aimed for the global markets."

The original Supreme Commander was published by THQ, so we're a little confused as to how Square Enix got a hold of the license, unless GPG owned the rights all along. We've contacted THQ, GPG and Squeenix for clarification. No word on when Supreme Commander 2 will mech march to retail.

Update: Doing a bit more research, it appears GPG owns the rights to the Supreme Commander franchise.
Source

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
meh...

always thought i needed a Quad for the original, but i never had a Quad, so..

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
So since GPG owns the license I doubt the gameplay will change much, not like we are going to have SupComm Fantasy XI or anything. Good to hear.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I can't wait. I still play FA when I can (always when the euros and aussies are not on - they make up the majority of players, hence hard to find games without them) and a nice refresh will be cool. I thought that a patch for FA was going to be released this year?

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I really like SC and FA. I play often. I find it does not use my quad core effectively and slows down after about 1000 units are on the map.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i has such potential, a fantatic user interface...

i think one of the better RTS for a while, then again, i'm a Total Annhilation fanatic, so i'm skewed.

pauldovi, are you using the core maximize? My system can pretty much take everything Supcom can throw at it? It's only slow online and that's not my fault

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin
View Post

i has such potential, a fantatic user interface...

i think one of the better RTS for a while, then again, i'm a Total Annhilation fanatic, so i'm skewed.

pauldovi, are you using the core maximize? My system can pretty much take everything Supcom can throw at it? It's only slow online and that's not my fault

I used Core Maximizer and I noticed it spread the load evenly amount all 4 cores but the total use never exceed 40-50%.

·
PC Gamer
1,776 Posts
Supreme Commander is a great and awesome game

how ever it does slow down after awhile, even with core maximizer and fully up to date

but i still love playing it, and i can't wait for Supreme Commander 2

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Isn't there already a Supreme Commander 2?
Or was that an expansion pack?
There wasn't really much hype about this game as far as I can remember...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
So since GPG owns the license I doubt the gameplay will change much, not like we are going to have SupComm Fantasy XI or anything. Good to hear.
LOL cast force field of magic 2!!!

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xHassassin
View Post

Isn't there already a Supreme Commander 2?
Or was that an expansion pack?
There wasn't really much hype about this game as far as I can remember...

Forged Alliance, it was an expansion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts