Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/diablo-iii-will-play-offline-on-ps3-and-ps4/
Quote:
Thanks to last week's announcement, players already knew that Diablo III was headed for both the PlayStation 3 and 4 consoles. Now, Blizzard Production Director John Hight and Senior VP Chris Metzen have revealed that the game will not need an internet connection for local multiplayer games on either console.
Fantastic!
It'll just be a few months before PC players get offline play too!
wheee.gif

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Diablo has always been a game that I turned to when there was some sort of internet outage. Until 3. Now I just play the torchlight games. We better damn well get offline play on PC.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Offline characters will have a separate AH (or no AH), and not be able to interact in anyway with legit online characters. Sounds like a blast.
rolleyes.gif

Bah why do I even care... POE.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Considering they're own words that they it's diferent teams that developed the pc version and now another one porting it to consoles,highly doubt it they will adapt a "console feature" to the pc version,our only hope might be if the pc comunity makes a big issue out of it,and even then im not so sure.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Offline characters will have a separate AH (or no AH), and not be able to interact in anyway with legit online characters. Sounds like a blast.
rolleyes.gif

I doubt they will have an AH unless they separate the characters between online and non online like they did on Diablo 2. Just imagine all of the dupes and hacks you would see on the AH... any normal player wouldn't be able to sell anything.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I seriously doubt they would EVER consider offline play for the PC. Blizvision doesn't want to pay staff fulltime to sit write patches for possible security vulnerabilities . Everything changes when the files are available to the public to run client side. Its even more serious with the game tied so closely with the AH and RMAH. Just takes 1 case here and they're looking at a major lawsuit.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Considering that Blizzard already sold a bunch of always on DRM filled copies of Diablo III and made bank, why would they want to offer a new feature, instead of selling an exclusive feature only available on the PS3/PS4 thus encouraging sales of the PS4 and it's Diablo III version?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Technically, pirates could only exist on the console version if PC does not receive an offline mode patch.

So how would they eliminate console pirates? Ha!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I never understood why people care so much about offline play. I travel like crazy and am rarely unable to get internet access. Plus, if they had offline play on PC it would be far to easy to exploit and the RMH would turn into an easy way to scam, or all items would completely lose their value.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Offline mode should've been available on pc right from the get-go. Unfortunately the game is designed with AH in mind so if you can't use that, you're not going to have a good time trying to get through Inferno (unless drop rates have improved dramatically).
I can't see them adding offline for PC any how. Some lame excuse about piracy, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawIX View Post

I never understood why people care so much about offline play. I travel like crazy and am rarely unable to get internet access. Plus, if they had offline play on PC it would be far to easy to exploit and the RMH would turn into an easy way to scam, or all items would completely lose their value.
Try playing it on a crappy internet connection, without raging when your hardcore character dies because of a lag spike.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

rolleyes.gif

I don't want to play online. I want to play LAN with my brother and sister. This would be awesome if true, I can play it at my parent's lakehouse where there is no internet connection.

·
Melted Cheese
4,186 Posts
If this comes out and there isn't a patch available for the PC that gives us offline game play I think I am never going to buy another Blizzard game. There goes Hearts of the Swarm for me. Blizzard is just making a mockery out of themselves with this whole Diablo 3 fiasco. Why does every good company have to sully their name? Bioware, Blizzard, DICE, Gas Powered Games, Maxis, Epic, Crytek... I should just stop playing video games altogether so I don't have to be such a sour gamer all the time.

Poops.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts