Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this segment from Judge Joe Brown. I don't watch this show, but saw this on another forum. He's hearing a case between a wedding photographer and a client who was unhappy with their wedding shots. At about 3 and a half minutes in, Judge Joe starts questioning her gear!

Quote:

Judge: You use a Canon Digital Rebel XTi with an EF-S 18-55mm lens?
Defendant: Yes, that's one of the lenses. We also have a 70-300.
Judge: What speed is it?
Defendant: I don't know.
(later)
Judge: How are you gonna take adequate photos in a place where flash isn't allowed with such a slow lens?
Defendent: We do it all the time.

Hilarious, obviously Judge Joe is a photgrapher himself, or else he asked someone else's opinion.

And the defendant is using sub-par gear. The non-IS version of the 18-55 is just awful, even in full light, case closed!

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
No sound at work :/

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I like how he just talks over her. The whole thing seems a bit off, with the defendant yelling at the judge and the plaintiff and not even being told to shut up.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
This could not have been a formal court. People talking over the judge, etc.
But......

What F-stop did you use!?

A TRIPOD!!!!

haahaahhahaahhahahahahahaahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1+1+1!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like how the photographer says that there was no way they could have know beforehand that the church would be dark. Nonsense! I always recon every location for a wedding to get an idea of the light conditions.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
I like how he just talks over her. The whole thing seems a bit off, with the defendant yelling at the judge and the plaintiff and not even being told to shut up.
Yeah they're usually like that though.

This video is epic lol

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
lmao WIN !

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
He's no Judge Judy, that's for sure. She's like every strict mother you've ever met rolled into one badass lie detector!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow
View Post

I like how the photographer says that there was no way they could have know beforehand that the church would be dark. Nonsense! I always recon every location for a wedding to get an idea of the light conditions.

He has clearly *never* been inside a church.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love it... lol

Also... Rebel Xti? was this like a family friend? No, sorry... not pro...

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
One of the best laughs I had in a long time. I shoot an XTi, and even I know that this is not suited for the low-light conditions of wedding photography! And kit lens? That was the icing on the comedic cake!

EDIT: Found this in another forum

Quote:

I work at a professional studio in the city where the plaintiff lives. She brought us the photographs to see if there was any way to fix them. After looking at the EXIF data on the JPEGS that she had, we found that the defendant photographed in JPEG, medium resolution, ISO 1600, Srgb colorspace. Upon doing her edits, the defendant used a free online editing program and saved over the originals. The color of the 4x6's from WalMart were horrendous, with virtually no shadow detail and color casting

1 - 20 of 54 Posts