Overclock.net banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Got lucky myself, the house I just bought has a huge Generac natural gas generator attached to the house. I haven't seen it power on, but i'm sure it can handle a measly kw.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
good job everyone!

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts
We had one of those yesterday afternoon. Cooled things down for a few hours, but the lightening took out a transmission line so had to power down for a few hours as the outage was longer than the UPS could keep it up. Better have the generator warmed up :cheers:
Yeah, can't live (with a wife and family anyway) out here without a generator.
Got lucky myself, the house I just bought has a huge Generac natural gas generator attached to the house. I haven't seen it power on, but i'm sure it can handle a measly kw.
It probably should be self-testing every two weeks... don't wait until you need it to find out why you have not seen it power on...
I put in a Katolight/MTU 50KVA unit 15 years ago - probably saved my marriage. :eek:
good job everyone!
Just call me "Winter Folder" :blinksmil

·
User of the PC
2,046 Posts
Nice work everyone. Its pretty toasty in my folding lair even for up here in Canada!

·
486DX2 66
3,559 Posts
Indeed, gpu temps were way above normal this time around. Pointed a big fan at the vrm area on the 1080, it felt real hot.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Great stuff indeed guys!

·
unRAID Enthusiast
3,602 Posts
Had changed my folding rig over to a team I started for my company as a group activity a couple weeks ago, then changed it back once other people started posting numbers, but realized late yesterday afternoon that when I changed it back, I misspelled my own dang username, so I logged 0 points for the FaT! Dang it, guys, sorry about that. Totally kicking myself right now.

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
Had changed my folding rig over to a team I started for my company as a group activity a couple weeks ago, then changed it back once other people started posting numbers, but realized late yesterday afternoon that when I changed it back, I misspelled my own dang username, so I logged 0 points for the FaT! Dang it, guys, sorry about that. Totally kicking myself right now.
That's my fear #1 when changing team on one of the systems.
Nice thing about the HFM.Net app, you can set a team name and username in the settings. If you run a different name/team it will change color so you know something is up.
Example below :thumb:

Attachments

·
unRAID Enthusiast
3,602 Posts
That's my fear #1 when changing team on one of the systems.
Nice thing about the HFM.Net app, you can set a team name and username in the settings. If you run a different name/team it will change color so you know something is up.
Example below :thumb:
I didn't realize this, thanks! Rep+

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Morning everyone. As I am sure you all have noticed, but everything is getting pretty hectic on the forum with the upcoming migration. As such, we will not be selecting prize winners for July's FaT. I meant to post this sooner, my apologies.

As of right now, August's FaT should still be good to go, so make sure you all get signed up!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts