Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I posted a thread earlier in the general processor section on upgrading my computer, however, I decided to just save up and build a new computer. I heard AMD processors are pretty good and work well on a budget so I think I'll try and make the switch. Anyways I'm not exactly sure where to start with AMD so any advice would be great.

The current parts that I'm considering for the build are:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 (bought)
Fan: Xigmatek Dark Knight
GPU: HD 5750
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 (bought)
Mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70 (bought)
Ram: ?
HD: Using my current one
DVD Drive: Using my current one
PSU: Using my current one

My budget is around 200-300 Canadian Dollars and I plan to use either newegg.ca or ncix.com

Thanks.

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts
the 5750 is alright, but i have and love the 4890. as far as cpus go the 720 tri core is nice, but the 940 deneb is killer, and overclocks good (most of them). the biostars 790s are good mobos too, altho the one in my sig rig is bad ass as well. all on newegg and didnt post prices cuz theyre changing every 20 mins with black sales and the such. but theres a step in the right direction

• Rep+
Reactions: jwu

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
With that combo, your budget for everything else gets very low. With your budget I'd go with a cheaper ASUS board and the 720. Also you can get the Mugen 2 which is known to be about the same if not better than the DK at a better price. Even then its still pushing over $600 CAD, it will be very hard to build at that price unless you go for the athlon II 620.

Good luck with the build!
LL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I bit and bought the combo on NCIX. Just need to purchase the RAM. I'm thinking about waiting before I purchase the fan and the new graphics card. Any RAM suggestions or suggestions in general?

EDIT: Yeah Craiga, I realized that my budget would be low so I was thinking about holding back on fan and gpu since my gpu is still alright. Thanks for the build though appreciate it =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts