Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set it manually and no matter where I am looking the voltage jumps around alot. When stressing cpu-z almost always reports a .01 or more voltage difference and the asus AI suite II shows the same thing. The voltage in the bios even jumps around when im just adjusting the uefi. Most every voltage is on auto except vcore and ram voltage.

Any suggestions on how to make my voltage a bit more steady?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
You have to disable some of the power saving features (C1E I think) and enable a higher LLC (Ultra-High).

0.01v difference isn't a lot honestly.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would imagine playing around with the LLC settings (Load Line Calibration)

Do you have power saving features enabled (EIST, C1E, etc.)?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Power saving features are on and that is because in sins guide he suggests leaving them on for this board. I know its not alot but at times the voltage will drop down a whole .1 and if it happens during stress testing usually ibt fails.

Sin can you get vdroop in the bios? if so I am not worried it just worried me that it jumped around in the bios alot.

also is 4.5 @ 1.32 good?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822
View Post

try turning them off, maybe it will work

K your the man so I def will. Can vdroop happen in the bios? I was only worried since I am coming from am2 alot of stuff is different and I want to make sure everything is up to par.

I only worried because the vcore was jumping up and down in the bios but not to like an idle voltage or anything just wierd numbers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Vdroop is common. But dropping .1 is a lot. Put your LLC to ultra high, this will reduce the amount of vdroop and variation between your bios and CPUZ.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Vdroop is what is supposed to happen, its part of Intel's spec to protect the processor by keeping it under TDP. Using Load Lince Calibration (LLC) will reduce or eliminate this. There is also Vdrop which is the difference from what you set in BIOS to what actually is being fed to the components, this is for every voltage on the board.

he said 0.01v as in 10mv.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822
View Post

Vdroop is what is supposed to happen, its part of Intel's spec to protect the processor by keeping it under TDP. Using Load Lince Calibration (LLC) will reduce or eliminate this. There is also Vdrop which is the difference from what you set in BIOS to what actually is being fed to the components, this is for every voltage on the board.

the .01v difference is under load and the .1v difference is when I am in the uefi. I have llc on as high as it goes.

I mean I assumed it was vdroop when I was stress testing but seeing the wierd voltage changes in the uefi made me worry a bit.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
well idk from what i have heard vcore is not correctly displayed, does your board have voltage read points for DMM? if not then there are ferrite core chokes on the board, find one at an end of the CPU VRM, it had a metal leg, test the voltage from there, you need a digital Multi meter tho.

So what happened with disabling power saving features?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;12033660

I misread. .01 is nothing uncommon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts