Overclock.net banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated this month! Seeing as how the stats page is bugged and it appears as though I am still the undisputed champion, I will go ahead and accept the 1st place trophy. Thank you to all my fans :) J/K GG all.

Attachments

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts
Yeah, hopefully the [email protected] mod(s) are still with us. ;) We need some more billion club members!
... till next month:

Attachments

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hey guys, I am going to reach out to Axi and see what happened with the stats, will keep you posted and see what's going on.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Folding had me always wanting to upgrade (and long ago, back once upon a time, I did...almost constantly). I thought this time around I wouldn't be like that because I'm totally more mature and stuff. Yet I upgraded GPUs within a few days of folding again and now I'm looking at CPU upgrades and/or getting something else entirely built just to fold.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Folding had me always wanting to upgrade (and long ago, back once upon a time, I did...almost constantly). I thought this time around I wouldn't be like that because I'm totally more mature and stuff. Yet I upgraded GPUs within a few days of folding again and now I'm looking at CPU upgrades and/or getting something else entirely built just to fold.
Know the feeling, ha ha. I came back and within a month had convinced myself I should buy a 2080 Ti. Less than a month after that I had picked up two more. Definitely gets very expensive very quickly, but at least it is all for a good cause.

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts
Now you're reasoning like a mature... folder! :)
Bring out the big guns!

Attachments

·
I can count to potato
744 Posts
I need to change up some of my hardware. My main rig is the only one that can crank out decent PPD and I'm either actively using it for other things, or it's powered off at the end of the day because It's in my bedroom and I can't sleep with my disco going.

I have 2 very similar builds that I did for fun. I really don't need both of them and I could sell one and buy another RTX card that would crank out way more points while sucking up less power.

Additional details on my space heaters
Just out of curiosity I bothered to record some of the stats today after folding constantly for the duration of the foldathon.

Nano build:
Averaged around 418,000 PPD.
i7 6700 cooled by a Mugen 3 that is fed hot air from the GPU radiator. Max temp 81c average 74c.
GTX Titan @ 1100 core 3200 memory Max 47c average 46c. Custom loop with XSPC block and a single EK XTC 140mm with push/pull bequiet sw3's.

Sanic rig from my sig:
Averaged 453,000 PPD
i7 6700 EK Supremacy EVO Max 63c average 58c
GTX Titan Black @ 1200 core 3500 memory. Max 44 average 43. Heatkiller block. Single MO-RA3 4x180mm.

The nano build never had any purpose other than something to build during the quarantine to keep busy. I've had some fun with it so she's on the chopping block already.

·
OCN Dinosaurian Member
1,972 Posts
Planing on adding an RTX 2060 for next months Foldathon. Maybe more who knows. ;)
That’s what I did this month! Best Buy gave me $50 off for my birthday. :D An extra 1M PPD plus is always nice. ;)

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts

Attachments

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Sorry, just let me get on the phone with my bank and take a loan out for 10 2080ti's...
You might have spectacular credit! Just fun and games and simple friendly competition. I don't care what you have, I care that you fold. I thought the picture was hilarious.

·
User of the PC
2,046 Posts
You might have spectacular credit! Just fun and games and simple friendly competition. I don't care what you have, I care that you fold. I thought the picture was hilarious.
It was meant to be taken as a joke ;)

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
It was meant to be taken as a joke ;)
Figured, just wanted to make sure. The dreaded "Tone never comes through text" monster.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I need to change up some of my hardware. My main rig is the only one that can crank out decent PPD and I'm either actively using it for other things, or it's powered off at the end of the day because It's in my bedroom and I can't sleep with my disco going.

I have 2 very similar builds that I did for fun. I really don't need both of them and I could sell one and buy another RTX card that would crank out way more points while sucking up less power.

Additional details on my space heaters
Just out of curiosity I bothered to record some of the stats today after folding constantly for the duration of the foldathon.

Nano build:
Averaged around 418,000 PPD.
i7 6700 cooled by a Mugen 3 that is fed hot air from the GPU radiator. Max temp 81c average 74c.
GTX Titan @ 1100 core 3200 memory Max 47c average 46c. Custom loop with XSPC block and a single EK XTC 140mm with push/pull bequiet sw3's.

Sanic rig from my sig:
Averaged 453,000 PPD
i7 6700 EK Supremacy EVO Max 63c average 58c
GTX Titan Black @ 1200 core 3500 memory. Max 44 average 43. Heatkiller block. Single MO-RA3 4x180mm.

The nano build never had any purpose other than something to build during the quarantine to keep busy. I've had some fun with it so she's on the chopping block already.
What generation Titans are those? First? I feel like I would expect more PPD, but if those are older generation cards I suppose that could make sense.

·
I can count to potato
744 Posts
What generation Titans are those? First? I feel like I would expect more PPD, but if those are older generation cards I suppose that could make sense.
Yea, it's an original Titan and a Titan Black. So they are both ancient Kepler cards.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts