Overclock.net banner

June 2021 Foldathon - Monday 21st - Wednesday 23rd - 1200 ET/1600 UTC

3758 Views 45 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BWG

----> SIGN UP HERE <----

Notice: You are now required to sign up each month, be sure to sign up for this month's event and each event going forward

What is the Foldathon?

Every month we hold a Foldathon, or FAT for short. The FAT is a mad dash over a 2 day period where we fold on as much hardware as we can get our grubby fingers on and try to amass the most points possible. It is winner takes all. Okay, that's not true, but if you're lucky you might win something, probably not, but you will have made a honorable contribution to the science behind [email protected] What is that science you're probably asking, have a gander over here to learn more. All units crunched for team 37726 count, even if you can only manage to complete one unit, but if you're already a folder, there's no excuse for not folding for the full 48 hours

How it works:

Sign-up and run [email protected] for Overclock.net (team number: 37726) during the specified times. Those who Fold will be entered into a drawing to win the prizes listed below. If you still don't know what [email protected] is or need some help getting started, feel free to post here, make a thread in the Overclock.net [email protected] Team forum or check this guide: FAHControl v7 for both CPU and GPU

----> SIGN UP HERE <----
Please use the CLICK THIS MESSAGE to view your folding performance, as well as a verification that you have signed up during the event.

----> Countdown to Start <----

Reminders:

If you would like to be notified via mass thread mention, please send a private message to @CptAsian to be added to the notification group.

Prizes:

• x5 OCN Premium Accounts - 1 Year Subscription Winners: TBD​

If you wish to donate a prize, shoot @BWG or @CptAsian Prizes will be drawn shortly after the event ends.

After accepting a prize in any given monthly folding event, members will sit out two events before becoming eligible for prizes again. This is to hopefully spread the kindly donated items amongst the OCN folding community more fairly.

@1Nexus1 @4thKor @808MP5 @aas88keyz @aBigRedBear @adcantu @Alatar @altsanity @ALUCARDVPR @aludka @AMITAYUS @andyv @animagr @Anonymous Inc @Anthony20022 @APhamX @Artah @arvidab @Asiqduah @ASUSfreak @axipher @Baldy @barkeater @beezweeky @benpack101 @bfromcolo @BiG_LiG @BiscuitHead @Blaise Pascal @Blizlake @bonami2 @bpmcleod @brandonspeed2006 @brodieboy143 @Brutuz @Buzzin92 @BWG @caffeinescandal @Ceadderman @CharliesTheMan @Chiobe @Chooofoojoo @Clockwerk @CloudX @colin niloc @Compaddict @compmaster @Cord78 @Cotton @CptAsian @crashnburn_819 @CravinR1 @CynicalUnicorn @d0mini @Dagamus NM @DaMirrorLink @Danbeme32 @Darkness Sakura @DARKxBASSxLORD @DarthBaggins @Dawnblade @dbrisc @DeadlyEmbrace @Deathclaw @Deedaz @Demous @Desolutional @Detahmaio @Detoxification @Dhoulmagus @Diber @Diffident @Dirtymax04 @dlewbell @DogeTactical @done12many2 @DonkEnterprises @doritos93 @DreadManD @DrFreeman35 @dudesquirrel @Eaglesfan251 @EddyBear @Eeyore888 @egerds @Egilman @Ehpik @El-Fuego @elchucko @Emissary of Pain @emoga @emperor886 @ENTERPRISE @epidemic @Epipo @ericeod @Erick Silver @error-id10t @EtoileYuki @fasttracker440 @Fir3Chi3f @FireBean @fogran @fragamemnon @FranZe @Freakn @Fuganater @funfortehfun @Fuzzywinks @G3N3R4L Bl4Nk5 @G18 x UK @Galciv12 @garancomfort @Gavush @Geeboi @General121 @Genesis1984 @George C @GerroffMe @gildadan @Gnomepatrol @Go Gators! @goodtobeking @Goof245 @gr3nd3l @GreedyMuffin @GREG MISO @grivy @Gualichu04 @Gungnir @Hackcremo @Hacksword @happynutz420 @HardheadedMurphy @Hattifnatten @hazara @Heedehcheenuh @Hello Man @hertz9753 @hli53194 @holgate @HothBase @hrockh @Hukkel @Hyoketsu @idaWHALE @importflip @Infer1or @infodump @InverseTundra @istudy92 @Ithanul @james41382 @Jamnbam @jarble @JayKthnx @Jayrock @Jbads @JedixJarf @jefflikesbagels @jellybeans69 @jesse1053 @jesusboots @Jim888 @JJEEGG2211 @JKuhn @joeh4384 @johnko1 @Jon01010 @josephimports @Jpmboy @jswan @Junglist-Jay @jwalker150 @Kalpa @Kenpachi7 @killerquag @Kimir @King Who Dat @Kinsey @kirklloyd @kishagi @Kitler @Klue22 @konspiracy @KoolDrew @kpforce1 @kremtok @Krusher33 @kyle170 @Kyronn94 @kzim9 @labnjab @langer1972 @lanofsong @LeadbyFaith21 @LED Guy @ledzepp3 @leekaiwei @Legonut @LemonSlice @lever2stacks @lilchronic @loki_reborn @Loosenut @LupineDream @luXfer @Maintenance Bot @Majorhi @makr @martinhal @matt9882 @MattyMatt @maximus7651000 @mbmumford @McPaste @megawatz @mega_option101 @Melieson @metro @mica3speedy @Mightylobo @Millillion @mindracer @mingqi53 @mironccr345 @mirzet1976 @Mitche01 @mixolyd @mkclan @mmonnin @Modrod @mossberg385t @MP-Canuck @Mr.Pie @msgclb @muels7 @mxfreek09 @my94r/t @nategr8ns @navjack27 @nawon72 @nbmjhk6 @NBrock @Nick the Slick @Nicnivian @Nigyl @Nom-Ent @NostraD @notyettoday @nova4005 @Noxialis @no_safe_HAVEN @Nude_Lewd_Man @numbrs @OCScrub @omega17 @ozyo @packerbackermk @pangallosr @Paul17041993 @PaulWuzHere @Pentium4 531 overclocker @Phenomanator53 @pic16f28 @Pidoma @PimpSkyline @Plooto @Preim @pwnography6 @Pwntastic @Quamba @Ramstone @rctrucker @Rebelord @RedM00N @RenHoakRex @repo_man @REPUBLICOFGAMER @royalflush5 @RushiMP @RyanRazer @sakae48 @SalisburySteak @Samurai707 @Samurai Batgirl @SavageShy @sayaman22 @scc28 @scubadiver59 @SDriver @SeD669 @SergeantCC4 @Seron @shad0wfax @shelter @shlunky @Shogon @shredded @Simmons572 @simonfredette @SkyFred @smandrews @Sniffer29 @solidshark91493 @solsamurai @Sparhawk @spdaimon @staccker @Starbomba @StealthKatana @SteamSpoon @Sterling7 @stickg1 @stolid @stratocastorNM @strych9 @STW1911 @superericla @SweetAndLow @sweffymo @T0MB0 @taotree @taowulf @TechCrazy @terraprime @Tex1954 @thebest @The Bubbly @theknappkin @themasterpiece1 @ThijsH @thunderkitty91 @tictoc @Tilux @TinDaDragon @tismon @tmontney @Tomus @TooManyToys NotEnoughTime @tpl2000 @tr3v @trumpet-205 @ugotd8 @uniwarking @utparatrooper @Velathawen @Volvo @VoodooKnight @VS88 @Wasseam @Whodie @WillyRay @WiSK @WonderMutt @Wyllliam @Xapoc @xenomorph113 @xer0h0ur @XPD541 @yaodin @yaywafflez @Yey09 @Yuhfhrh @Zantrill @Zzyzx @_TRU_ @____ @|3rutal1ty @bigjdubb @Avacado @Nikado7 @franz

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Great job guys. Yes I took 4th. I think someone pulled.the plug and.let me slip by while the other added a bit and started to pull away. I'll be putting some cards down in the next month and.rebuild a few.rigs. I have to get my daughter a rig going. I'll have the ppd back up by next month.

· Folding Fanatic
1,524 Posts
Ooof I had some stability issues due to a power outage Monday, exposed the weak memory controller on my 5600x, that took me longer than it should have to figure out. Either way way to go everyone!

· I <3 narcissists
7,101 Posts
Good luck getting all that work done! If you can get all that hardware to run in one machine it'll be a lot more efficient power wise, you'll need a board that supports all that hardware without bottlenecking any of those cards though.
I've got the lanes, but I'm not sure about the 6/12 cpu keeping up with 4 cards.

On the line of bottlenecking... anyone using pci-e extensions in their machines? I've seen good and bad about them.

· Fold on!
8,222 Posts
Great job guys. Yes I took 4th. I think someone pulled.the plug and.let me slip by while the other added a bit and started to pull away. I'll be putting some cards down in the next month and.rebuild a few.rigs. I have to get my daughter a rig going. I'll have the ppd back up by next month.
Good luck rebuilding the systems!

Ooof I had some stability issues due to a power outage Monday, exposed the weak memory controller on my 5600x, that took me longer than it should have to figure out. Either way way to go everyone!
Better luck next month, at least you found it :)

I've got the lanes, but I'm not sure about the 6/12 cpu keeping up with 4 cards.

On the line of bottlenecking... anyone using pci-e extensions in their machines? I've seen good and bad about them.
I use these: CoolerMaster Riser Cable and I'm pretty happy with them. The 3090's are about the same PPD wise, with one running at 3.0 8x and the other 4.0 16x in another system.

· Premium Member
13,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm not getting any work units, happening to anyone else?
Yes, there was a WU shortage. Folding Discord confirmed it.

I added a 2nd 3080ti to the farm yesterday, so whoever the big boys are, come get me next month ;)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.