Overclock.net banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Great job guys. Yes I took 4th. I think someone pulled.the plug and.let me slip by while the other added a bit and started to pull away. I'll be putting some cards down in the next month and.rebuild a few.rigs. I have to get my daughter a rig going. I'll have the ppd back up by next month.

·
Folding Fanatic
1,501 Posts
Ooof I had some stability issues due to a power outage Monday, exposed the weak memory controller on my 5600x, that took me longer than it should have to figure out. Either way way to go everyone!

·
I <3 narcissists
7,116 Posts
Good luck getting all that work done! If you can get all that hardware to run in one machine it'll be a lot more efficient power wise, you'll need a board that supports all that hardware without bottlenecking any of those cards though.
I've got the lanes, but I'm not sure about the 6/12 cpu keeping up with 4 cards.

On the line of bottlenecking... anyone using pci-e extensions in their machines? I've seen good and bad about them.

·
Fold on!
7,021 Posts
Great job guys. Yes I took 4th. I think someone pulled.the plug and.let me slip by while the other added a bit and started to pull away. I'll be putting some cards down in the next month and.rebuild a few.rigs. I have to get my daughter a rig going. I'll have the ppd back up by next month.
Good luck rebuilding the systems!

Ooof I had some stability issues due to a power outage Monday, exposed the weak memory controller on my 5600x, that took me longer than it should have to figure out. Either way way to go everyone!
Better luck next month, at least you found it :)

I've got the lanes, but I'm not sure about the 6/12 cpu keeping up with 4 cards.

On the line of bottlenecking... anyone using pci-e extensions in their machines? I've seen good and bad about them.
I use these: CoolerMaster Riser Cable and I'm pretty happy with them. The 3090's are about the same PPD wise, with one running at 3.0 8x and the other 4.0 16x in another system.

·
Premium Member
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm not getting any work units, happening to anyone else?
Yes, there was a WU shortage. Folding Discord confirmed it.

I added a 2nd 3080ti to the farm yesterday, so whoever the big boys are, come get me next month ;)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts